We spent our first nigh at the airport sister hotel Raffles, which was quite comfortable and despite being conveniently located just over the road from the airport, it was unaffected by airport traffic and was surprisingly peaceful. We continued to Lomani the following morning with an arranged transfer from the Raffles hotel to Port Denarau where we purchased our Mololo Cat tickets for our trip across to the island (F$120 return per person). Approx 1 hour later we arrived and were warmly welcomed with shell necklaces. Our island “limo” driver introduced himself and few mins later we arrived at the entrance of Lomani, where we were pleasantly greeted with singing and a freshly opened coconut.
The resort gardens were impeccably maintained and the delights of Lomani were explained to us. The resort includes its activities in its price including 2 daily arranged activities, such as snorkeling at the reef or coconut opening in addition to free use of all resort equipment: kayaking, hobby cat sailing, wind surfing and the use of bicycles. Or alternately you could relax by and cool off in the large fresh water pool. We were shown to our room (Room 2), which was a deluxe suite located within a small block of 8 rooms. It was large, well appointed and on the ground floor with a view of, and access to the beach.
The resort restaurant (Flametree) was rumored to be the best on the island and we ate all of our meals here. A full breakfast was included in the room price (and could be delivered to your room if desired) and there were plenty of options on the lunch and dinner menus. All meals were excellent and reasonably priced, my fav being the seafood chowder (F$11), and coconut lime prawns (F$42). I also took a liking to the local premium lager Vonu (F$9.5 per bottle).
We spent 5 nights at Lomani, but wished it was more. The manager Lusi and her staff are a credit to the resort. If you are looking for a relaxing, beautifully located beach holiday, I highly recommend Lomani as I genuinely believe you would be hard pressed to find somewhere as idyllic, peaceful (Max 36 persons at the resort at any one time), and as well managed as Lomani.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island