We were booked in for 2 nights in one of the new beachfront bures, after the first night we booked for another two and did not regret a second of it.
We stayed in Beachfront Bure 15 which was very new and bright with an excellent bed (if you can't be bothered to walk the ten yards from your room to the beach to watch the sunset you get an excellent view from the bed).
The staff were amazingly cheerful and friendly at all times, the singers are great and they run a terrific kava party. The food was absolutely first class and the snorkelling trips were truly astonishing - I have never been completely surrounded by literally thousands of fish in every direction and I have scuba dived on the great barrier reef and the reef off Roatan.
Lomani is adults only and the joy of having a very large and well designed pool that you can actually swim in or lie beside without being subjected to incessant screaming is wonderful. For those of you who miss the screaming you can walk the 100 yards next door to Plantation Island to get topped up.
It is useful having Plantation Island next door, it has several bars, restaurants and shops although we never felt the desire to miss out on Lomani cooking.
In addition it has an excellent nurse, I was taken ill with an ear infection and she had me back on my feet in a couple of days.
So you know, the beach is perfectly formed but it the water is shallow and when the tide goes out it goes out quite a way, It is beautiful to walk along particularly at night when the stars are amazing.
In all, we have never been happier to stay somewhere and will try to go back as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island