My husband and I were looking for adults only accommodation in Fiji in order to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We saw the great reviews on TA and decided Lomani sounded the ideal place.
We booked a beach bure and they are as big and lovely as everyone on TA has already stated so I will not repeat what others have already said. However, I will stress how fantastic the outside showers are!. The water pressure is really powerful and it was great to have a shower at the end of the day to wash off suncream and sand whilst hearing the birds chirp and seeing the beautiful sunset colours above.
We did have a couple of niggles with the bures. These were that the sun loungers on the deck do not come with cushions which made them quite uncomfortable to lie on, however it just took one call to reception (well a couple due to Fiji time) for them to find us a couple of cushions which we appreciated. We also had an issue with the drains in the bathroom. If the water was not run regulalry i.e overnight, the smell was quite bad. We did not raise this with the hotel, if we had I am confident they would have looked into it, however once we had run the taps in the morning the smell disappeared.
We also found that whilst the bed was comfortable (and huge!) the pillows were extremely lumpy.
We really appreciated the complimentary bottled water that housekeeping leave daily in your room. The inspect repellent was also a nice touch too.
As has being mentioned numerous times on TA the staff are great and really make the holiday, nothing is too much trouble for any of them and you are always greeted with a friendly "Bula". There were a couple of occasions where drink orders were forgotten and we had a mix up with a lunch order one day but these were rectified once raised.
The singers at meal times are also great and just add to the chilled out ambiance.
The daily activities are a nice touch and the fact that they are complimentary is a bonus. We participated in Reef Snorkelling, Dolphin Safari, Coconut Demonstration and the Kava Ceremony, all of which I would recommend.
We had booked a romance package which included 2 x 30minute complimentary massages. These were conducted by the waters edge, we felt so relaxed having fantastic massages hearing the sound of the ocean that we booked in for 2 x 60 minute massages for later in the week. Rebecca was my masseuse, I'd go back again just for that massage!.
The food receives mixed reviews on TA so we were a bit apprehensive. Breakfasts were great, there is a selection of fruits, toast, cereal, muffins, croissants, you can also order a hot breakfast. We found that breakfast usually kept us going till dinnertime so we elected not to go onto the meal plan. The food was inconsistent some meals were fantastic whereas some were just ok. However, we did not have any bad meals so we were generally happy with the food. As part of the romance package we also had dinner on the beach for our anniversary which we would definitely recommend.
I would give Lomani a rating of 4 and a half if I could, it was just a couple of minor points mentioned above that stopped me making it a 5 (everything has to be perfect for me to award a 5!), however I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Lomani or visiting again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island