“EXOTIC ,EXQUISITE,EXEMPLARY!”

Lomani Island Resort
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“EXOTIC ,EXQUISITE,EXEMPLARY!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

No wailing babies, no kids running around and disturbing your holiday, no magic shows or kiddie stuff....Its only for Adults...Ok..Its only for couples...Its perfect for Honeymooners...It is a paradise on earth! Right from the catamaran ride from Port Denarau (which is a port from where you connect to all islands) to the musical welcome on the island by the locals to the great view from your room to the excellent service by the friendliest staff...I can just go on and on about the place!
There were couples from all over the world and mostly Eurpoeans who had come here to get their skins red & escape the deadly cold of their countries! The resort has some daily activities which are complimentary(like Dolphin spotting, Beach football, Speed boat etc) and for the adventurous, they arrange Scuba diving etc in their own boats!
Highly recommend taking a bicycle (complimentary) and roaming around the Malolo islands and stopping by the beach,sipping on a drink and listening to the waves.
Food for the vegetarians is limited but the chef helps you in every which way! For the non-vegetarians, theres everything they can ask for!
Only dampener, if I may say so is the breakfast which is pretty lousy. It was the same each day and for people used to heavy breakfasts, it was frugal! But you just tend to forget all that when you sit by the pool, look at the beautiful blue Pacific ocean and have your life-partner by your side!
Thumbs up for the outdoor shower for the Deluxe rooms! That was something really novel for city people like us! Added that extra "X factor" :)!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron101285

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

First time at this resort but it will not be my last. Everything about it was fantastic. The staff could not do enough for us, we felt like we where complaining a lot but they just helped out with everything, wifi was an issue being our only contact out, they phoned NZ to resolve the issue but when it was still a problem they just took it off the bill.

We did have some quite nights in with some CDs from reception but not good quality so they found us a hard drive and set it up in our room for the rest of our stay!

I had one incident with the coffee percolator, which exploded over my hand spraying hot coffee all up the wall and smashing a glass but when I informed the staff they where more concerned for me that the damage (they sorted it all out with no extra cost)

The daily activities at no extra cost, fishing, dolphin safari, local island village visit, snorkelling which they supply all the gear. The only problem I would say would be the bikes, we went for a ride every night during our stay but we always needed someone to fix the bikes before we could, if we could get a bike sized and marked to our room that would be some much easier for us (and the staff in man hours).

All in all, I will be back, this is a true paradise and the staff just enhance the experience. Don't change a thing (except the bikes)

Thanks for a fantastic holiday, I have never felt so relaxed while doing so much.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I can not fault anything at Lomani Resort. We stayed 4 nights and could have stayed longer. After staying on the Coral Coast, we were so glad that we also decided to stay at Lomani. The Deluxe room we stayed in was amazing. 20 meters to the waters edge and an amazing view out of the room with a beautiful sunset each night. You can take your duty free alcohol and relax of an evening watching the sunset with a few beverages before your evening meal at the Flame Tree Restaurant. The meals were very nice and a decent price. If you are on a budget and don't feel like eating restaurant meals for lunch and dinner you can walk 5 mins on the beach to Plantation supermarket or take away and buy burgers, nibbles and even take away beer and drinks. Breakfast that is included in you room price is very good as well. Each day they have some free activities on a board that you can book at reception which include snorkelling, dolphin safari, line fishing and Shell Village. There are free bikes which were fun to explore the island. You can ride along side the airstrip to the other side of the island, go visit Musket Cove, stop at the supermarket. It was just an amazing place to stay. I felt we go better value for money here than the Outrigger on the Coral Coast. I will definitely return one day. The Fijian people are the friendliest people out. The staff were so friendly and they all come out and sing you a farewell song as you leave. If you go to Fiji, Lomani is a must. Although I love kids, I work with them, it was nice to have some peace at the adults only resort.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms in the 2 storey building have amazing beachfront views and are huge.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Lomani for our 27th Wedding Anniversary. Absolute paradise. Everything about our stay wax perfect.Relaxing but active! That's if you want it to be. Thank you To all the staff. We will be back :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DownunderLynn
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my first trip to Fiji and it was one i will never forget! My now husband proposed one year and 4 months earlier in Bali and our experience of Bali was not a good one (except the proposal of course).
We wanted to get married over seas and have our honeymoon at the same time, kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Not to mention cut a tremendous cost! I wanted a beautiful tropical setting like something on a post card, and while scanning every resort in close by fiji - i soon learnt that the affordable resorts were on the main land which isnt all that nice (the beaches in particular) and the lovely resorts on beautiful islands that offer a wedding package were way out of our price range...BUT then i found Lomani - on a breath taking island and affordable luxury accomidation AND....Wait for it.....A FREE WEDDING PACKAGE! I was stoked!
First the accomodation. We stayed in the beach front bure, very new and modern. Large flat screen tv with bult in up to date movies for when youve had too much sun. Very modern indoor bathroom and also an out door shower (really made me feel like i was on a tropical holiday). Large comfy bed and aircon. We had our own deck with arm chairs facing the beach which was literally 20 steps away. It was like we had our own little back yard on the beach! There is also complimentary aeroguard and bug spray in the bathroom...remember you are in the tropics and you have to expect some ants and mozzies. There is only 30 or so rooms total so it isnt crowded at all and it is an adults only resort, so no kids under 16! :) There is also bikes to hire for free while you are at lomani, i suggest to take one for spin around the island explore a bit. And also, as soon as you arrive at lomani, check the black board down on the beach in front of the restaurant for the daily free activities, you need to put your name down at reception to attend these activities...such as reef snorkelling, dolphin watching, kava ceremonies etc. I suggest do them all if you can to get the most out of your holiday.
The restaurant was just lovely, the food was good and the staff are all very friendly. While we were there the resorts manager Lusi was adding flame torches around the deck of the cosy restaurant, after a couple of days it was finished and really gave a sense of romance to the "flame tree restaurant".
The staff - all staff were very friendly and helpful, they could help with just about anything you need. In particular, the resorts manager who is also the wedding director was amazing...She is a lovely warm woman who put together our wedding day and made it absolutely perfect.
Although lomani is more of a relaxing resort with free relaxing activites, if you want a little more thrill and are willing to spend some money, you can go next door to plantation island resort...just a 5 minute walk down the beach (they are owned by the same people as lomani but is a family resort) Here you can go parasailing, scuba diving, banana boat riding and much more. Simply tell them your room number at lomani and they can charge it to your room.

Okkkk now to my wedding day.....I was a bit concerned in the weeks leading up to our departure, i had tried communicating with the manager about the details of my day but had a hard time getting a clear idea of what had been arranged and also had hard time hearing back via email to confirm that every thing was set. A family member told me i need not worry as the fiji islands run on "fiji time" and that everything was most likely going to work out. All my worrying was for nothing of course because the day after we arrived, i met with Lusi and everything was all organised and my day was going to be a day to remember! The day came and once me and my dad were being escorted down the isle buy 4 fijian warriors..i knew i was going to cry...tears of happiness ofcourse :-) It was just magical, one of the warriors blew on a large shell horn to announce our arrival to a few family guests and them very slowly guided us down the isle, all the while some of the lomani staff were in attendance and singing a fiji island love song and playing the acoustic guitar...a great touch! Lusi the manager was there with a comforting smile on her face. And the isle and bridal arch was AMAZING! (Refer to photos). Honestly if you wanted a set up like this here in Australia, you would be looking at paying thousands and you still wouldnt get the tropical back drop that the island provided.
I would recommend it to anyone that wishes to marry overseas or elope on your own. But my only tip would be...dont use the make up ladies from plantation island...the ladie that done my hair was quite good but the other ladie who did my make up was not trained at all ( but then i wasnt epecting them to be i guess). The foundation she used did manage to cover up my aweful sunburn but i ended up having to rub the eye makeup off as it wasnt done properly (a big thick layer of black eye liner underneath my eyes, and one shade of purple eye shadow).
But thats not lomani's faultm or anyones for that matter...extras like that cost money but i do suggest to get your hair done (unless youre good with hair) And i do suggest to use the resorts suggested photographer if you want shots from a good camera and not just your digital one.

In summary, great resort - friendly staff - gorgeous island and magical wedding... Thank you Lomani!! :-)

Room Tip: If you are budget savvy but still want something private and beach front...You could go with a hibis...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank missbreeza1990
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just spent a week on Lomani at the end of a very long trip so our expectations were extremely high. We weren't disappointed as the location is as close to Paradise as you can get on Earth. We stayed in a Deluxe Suite that overlooked the perfectly white, daily swept sandy beach, with the clearest turquoise waters that gently lap, with no other noises or distractions other than the abundant bird life that cheerfully chirped and bounced all over the velvety green immaculate lawns (no children under 16 allowed). The suite was huge, had a TV with 500 films programmed into it, a fridge with free bottled drinking water and an inside and outside shower which was very useful for having space. The air conditioning was highly necessary as the weather was never less than 30 degrees in the day. The gardens are so pretty, full of Hibiscus, Frangipani and palm trees and the staff keep it well swept and trimmed. Everyone was so friendly asking how you are and saying 'Hi' or 'Bula' wherever you see them but they leave you to relax and are not constantly bothering you or asking questions. The food was fresh and we particularly enjoyed the American style breakfasts that were included in our package. Lovely fluffy pancakes and crispy bacon, eggs and hash browns, arriving quickly and hot, but there were simple choices too and a whole cold buffet also of fresh fruit, yogurts, croissants, toast and cereals if a cooked breakfast seemed too much. The lunches were enormous and we needed to share, especially after a large breakfast, which was economical and satisfying. The evening meals were varied and had a very home made feel which we loved. I loved the Indian Thali, which is a collection of tiny pots with three different, mildly spiced, meat and vegetable curries, accompanied by homemade roti bread and rice and poppodoms with all the relishes such as raita and tamarind chutney. My partner liked the Chicken Korma, but it is not all spicy ethnic food and we enjoyed steaks, salads, vegetarian and gluten free dishes also. We are extremely fussy about food and could not fault it. The daily activities were all free of charge which was very refreshing and we particularly enjoyed the dolphin safari and reef snorkelling and were lucky enough to see 6 pods of happy dolphins jumping and weaving around the boat. The coral reef is quite a ride away (about 45 minutes) but very pretty and lots of colourful fish. Not as spectacular as we had experienced on Mana Island a few years ago but certainly we saw plenty. I made the most of the two free sailing boats and 3 different grade windsurfers which were in good condition (nearly new) and the staff gave me free advice and guidance on how to sail. There are lots of kayaks, paddle boards, and you can borrow snorkelling gear and flippers for free if you don't have any. We used the free bicycles to potter over to the other 2 resorts, which is a lovely idea. Musket Cove and Plantation Resort allow children, so expect busier restaurants, children dominating the pool and talent shows etc which provides entertainment and noise if you really need it, while Lomani allows you to escape to peace and quiet when you fancy something calmer. The entertainment was lovely at Lomani, most evenings having guitar and singing, a cultural Fijian dance show and a cocktail party with the staff if you like mingling, but its not compulsory and you can be as anonymous as you like.The hotel couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome and a real plus was the free wash and fold service we got for our clothes so we came home with virtually no washing to do. We also received two free massages and a candlelit beachside 3 course meal which was the height of indulgence. Some people have said how expensive it is, but compared to other Fijian resorts we have been to this had all the charm and beauty you look for in a tropical island, with just enough entertainment and activity for you to feel satiated but not dominated or dictated to. We definitely agree this is for people wanting a very idyllic, indulgent and romantic holiday, but not for those wanting parties and all-nighters. We will definitely be back and have already recommended Lomani to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view suite or a bure as the beach is just perfect and you will want to walk out in y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank popsos
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a fantastic place Lomani Resort is! The service is amazing, the staff are very friendly and welcoming and it was a beautiful place to unwind for a week. To be welcomed and when departing with Fijian traditional music was a really beautiful and touching thing to do.

Some of the meals were very good and other meals were very ordinary, my lobster was tough which meant it was overcooked, and the lobster mornay was served with rice and bok choy, very strange combination of Asian and European food. The steak was cooked to perfection, and I had a couple of lovely chicken dishes too. There was music nightly which was lovely to listen too while you enjoyed your meal. My only other negatives would be that the bar prices are too high to have more than a couple of drinks and the reef where we went snorkelling was not really worth seeing as it was very damaged.

I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a relaxing and beautiful holiday, with beautiful people in a divine environment. The accommodation is clean and very well appointed the grounds are beautifully maintained and the child free environment was blissful.

Room Tip: The beach huts do not have the storage room that the deluxe accommodation have, the views are just a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokoriki Island Resort
#1 of 2 in Tokoriki Island
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)
Matamanoa Island Resort
Matamanoa Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Matamanoa Island

Been to Lomani Island Resort? Share your experiences!