where do i begin? i will begin with a big thankyou to all the staff. Lusi, jonathan, joseph, sereana, ada tui, mungi, bou, peveli and anyone else i have forgotten.
To write this review jerks a tear of all the wonderful memories that were made during our stay. my partner and i were planning our wedding when we stumbled upon Lomani.
we arrived at lomani on the 9th of september 2011 to a song and dance on the wharf when we alighted the malolo cat then another when we arrived at the entrance to the hotel. we were gobsmacked with the hospitality we were already recieving. after a sit down and a complimentary coconut(which were pretty cool) we were shown to our rooms. the deluxe suite awesome spacious living. these are the base model for the hotel but exceed expectation by far. beautiful king size bed, "pure fiji" toiletrie's products (they smell soo good) and a lovely lawn area just outside your balcony which stretches all the way to the purest sand.
The hotel offers many selections from there lunch and dinner menu and are extrememly flexible. we stayed for 7 days and didn't manage to try everything on the menu. and the Vonu beer is exceptional. i think we nearly drank it all.
we experienced snorkelling the reef a few times with peveli and experienced a fijiian LOVO. this was to die for. lots of fun was to be had on this night as we shared cocktails with the staff and experienced a fijiian kava ceremony and traditional dancing.
This is the part we hold dear. my now wife and i were married at lomani on the 13th september 2011. this day is something we will never forget. jonathan Made absolutely everything perfect. the setup was something we could have never imagined the arch, the aisle, everything. i swear he even made sure the weather was great. our setting was perfect and so picturesque. even topped off with our new friend joseph the best guitar singer in the world!!.. the day followed with photos around the surrounds which far exceed anything you expect from a tropical island. the beach is raked of debris every morning before you wake. we will be back next year for our 1st year wedding anniversary and are counting down the days till we arrive to our new home and friends again. we can't praise the efforts of all the staff enough. but just to say we miss them all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island