We were extremely excited to stay at a luxury resort, but the actual property didn't look as good as what it cost to stay there. For our second week, we stayed at another place that was $150 USD less a night and was much nicer.
Issues we saw were these: Our Hibiscus suite had a partially obscured view of the water (we saw more of the service entrance to the lobby). The cleaning staff didn't clean our bathroom very fully, did not sweep the porch, and neglected to provide fresh cups for the coffee bar. There was paint on the floor and walls near where they had recently touched up the door. The sliding door did not lock properly. Also, we came to this resort to use their water sport equipment, but the Hobie was in bad shape and the windsurfers were improperly rigged. When we asked if we could use the better equipment at their sister resort, Plantation Island, they said we'd have to pay extra although when we emailed they said it was part of the package.
The food was mediocre and missing ingredients, especially fresh vegetables.
On the other hand, the service from the staff was stellar: they were non-intrusive but extremely helpful and kind. The free snorkeling was fantastic, and staff would take you to whatever spot you liked. The only bad service was the manager didn't pick us up at the Malolo airport for at least 40 minutes until we asked a Plantation Island employee to find us a ride. Also, the girl at the desk doesn't speak English well enough to book activities. Although I didn't use the "spa" services, another couple had to be taken to a different resort to get a massage.
We loved how quiet and tranquil this resort is (we didn't want to be at a bustling or party resort). They've done a great job letting each couple find a quiet private place on the beach and grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island