“Wammie is The Attraction”
Review of Anandas

Anandas
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Wammie is The Attraction”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wammie is still playing his guitar and singing?? his large, if sometimes unusual and localised reportaire. Have visited many times over last 15 years and food usually the same but menu hasn't changed much, and last time meals were just average.

Visited October 2012

Greater Melbourne, Australia
“Good food well prepared”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Anandas is the night spot on Malolo Lai Lai at the moment, with a good bar, better meals, and a good selection of both it's hard to see why :-)

Visited February 2013
Warrnambool, Australia
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

After eating at the plantation island resort main lounge for a number of meals and finding it fairly ordinary we decided to give Anandas a try, we had seen the menu on the way past previously and thought it may be better than the resort...... WRONG! We arrived at 6:15 and to be honest thought they may not have been serving meals because the place was deserted all except for 3-4 guys watching the rugby and the waitress. The waitress was very prompt setting us at a table, giving us menues and taking drink orders. Before the drinks were served she brought out a couple of plates of complimentary hot chips which were great. The drinks came out and one of them was pineapple instead of orange fanta, a small thing so we didn't say anything. The kids meals came out along with our entre of Tua Tua and calamari fritters. As soon as I bit into the Tua Tua fritter I wanted to vomit, I could not spit it out quickly enough but as soon as I did my husband who was sitting across from me could smell the Tua Tua it was rancid. And without a word of a lie, in less than a minute there were blowflies hanging around the dish which was very strange as I hadn't seen a blowfly the whole time I'd been here. The smell was that strong I had to remove the offending food so I couldn't smell it any more. I took the plate to the waitress and told her it was off and she acknowledged what I said but that was it, no apology, nothing. Sitting waiting for our mains we noticed the chefs were sitting with the other patrons watching the rugby! When our mains came out they were in edible. I had the chicken curry and maybe it was still the after effects if the Tua Tua but I just couldn't eat it, my Husband had ordered spaghetti bolognese which came out with about 10 strands of spaghetti with a thick brown paste on top. The ceaser salad had bacon which was also inedible and was teadiously picked out. We ended up leaving and buying ice cream from the mini mart next door because we were too afraid to try the dessert menu.

1 Thank Lionscrest
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Decent Steak in Fiji”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited Anandas for dinner one night while staying at Lomani Resort and we all four enjoyed our steaks. The service was prompt and the prices were typical for the big portions.

• Visited December 2012
NSW South Coast
“Top notch! Favourite place on Malolo Lailai”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Anandas has always been a lovely place to dine. Great service and lovely food, especially the curries. Wame's singing just raises it to a whole new level!

1 Thank Tathra44