Musket cove was disappointing on multiple levels. The biggest disappointment stemmed from the tide which was out (for a long, long way) during most of beach time (10 am to 2pm). When the tide was out, it left behind a vast bog of smelly sludge. When the tide returned, the murky water was only knee deep - too shallow for swimming. They have a nice pool but i didn't cross the pacific to swim in a pool. I was expecting clear, blue/green ocean and got muck.
Secondly, most of the staff are jaded and weary of tending to vacationers. We stayed on another island for part of our visit to Fiji and found the staff there to me much more friendly.
The food was bad to mediocre. However, i greatly enjoyed the indian food buffet.
Our room smelled of sewage. Also, we were caught at the bar while they sprayed for mosquitos with some toxic formula that smelled heavily of petroleum. The spray landed on our faces and we could taste the repellent. My lips went numb (i'm serious) and my husband's tongue went numb.
I would never return to Musket Cove or Mololo island in general primarily because of the tide problem but for the other reasons as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Musket Cove you'll find the pace of life smooth and unhurried. The resort consists of 55 bures and villas scattered along the beachfront and throughout our tropical landscaped gardens. All rooms are spacious with separate living rooms and quality inclusions. What sets Musket apart is space, with 400 acres of rolling hills and palm fringed beaches to explore there is never a sense of crowding. Muskets world class marina offers a vast selection of water-sports and activities. Or for those wanting to relax, our dedicated Makare Day Spa is a true haven of tranquillity. Musket offers several gourmet-dining options headed by renowned chef Peter Becker and over 150 warm and friendly Fijian staff ready to welcome you to our island home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Musket Cove Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Musket Cove Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Hotel Musket Cove Island
- Musket Cove Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island