I took a group of 50 singles to the Plantation Island Resort for 4 nights as part of our Fiji Vacation with Singles in Paradise. Everyone was very happy with the resort and it's location. With the location you can visit several of the smaller islands on an island hopping day but there are more options on this island with 4 different restaurants within walking distance. The accommodations are not luxury but the rooms are large, typically with a bedroom and livingroom. Many of the people in our group were upgraded to oceanfront units.
We did not use the diveshop on the property as I got the feeling they were not prepared for a large group so we dealt with the dive shop at Musket Cove called Subsurface Fiji. I wouild highly recommend this company. The equipment was new and they took us to outstanding dive sites including a wreck tha was very interesting. A couple of us stayed at the Lomani Resort right next door. It's a bit pricier but they've got a nicer oceanfront pool, the accommodations are nicer and there are no children allowed there. They also will bring you breakfast to your room, included in the stay there!
They have a buffet but you can also order off the menu. Then there's the restaurant at Musket Cove called Dicks that was very good. We went on Asian night where you pick the meat and vegetables that you want cooked in the wok and they cook it up for you. I would also recommend the dining at the Lomoni. Basically with 4 nights, you will probably want to try all 4 of the restaurant choices.
The snorkeling is also very good here. They offer a free snorkeling boat trip twice a day and take you out to this sand bar. There was plenty to see with plenty of coral and fish.
I was very satisified with the way things went at this resort and would recommend it. Oh, here's another tip: they do not sell hard liquor in the markets there, so before you leave the airport get some from duty free to bring with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island