We accompanied friends on their 3rd trip to the island, and were not disappointed by the surroundings, rooms and food. Unfortunately about 3 days into our 2 week stay we were invaded by about 100 schoolies. Plantation Island is promoted as family friendly but this was not the place to be for the first 2 weeks of December. The staff had no idea how to control them - vomiting into the sand at the outdoor restaurant, taking over the entertainment which was directed at smaller children, antisocial behaviour, used condoms left on beach chairs. We even picked up glassware left lying around the pool area etc. Complaints to the management fell on deaf ears. If we had gone at any other time of the year it would have been great. Anyone planning on travelling there at that time of year should be warned before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island