We arrived at Plantation Island resort late tuesday afternoon and was greated by a lovely staff member. She gave us a quick tour of the resort and settled us into our rooms. We had pre purchased our breakfast and dinner before arrival with the travel agent. This was a great idea as mains for dinner costed around $25FJ. Breakfast consisted of a buffet or a choice of a hot breakfast, e.g. eggs, pancakes. Upon arrival we were also told that we had been given a $300 food and beveridge voucher that would be taken off our bill at the end of our stay. This was a great bonus!! We used this for extra food, really just lunch as the meals are of a substantial size, drinks and cocktails. I was very impressed with the food as Im not really adventures and stick to simple foods with lots of taste. For lunch you have choices of sandwiches, burgers, pasta and curry. And for dinner either the buffet or a main - i would recommend the main as it is fresh and hot and def more value for money.
There are many activities to do on the island that can be booked at the boad shed. These include free fishing and snorkling. Book early to aviod selling out!! For $10 - $17 you can do all other watersports such as knee boarding, water skiing, ski biscuit, banana ride etc. There are also free kayaks you can hire for an unlimited amount of time.There is also 2 other snorkling trips you can go on that are quite cheap as well. We only went on one and the free one. I would def recommend the free one! It still takes you out to the reef and is great. Also for young kids or the more inexperienced swimmer this is a better option as there is a sand bank and is shallower.
The staff are all really friendly and nice and will do anything to ensure you have a plesant stay. I found them to be genuine and just lovely people. It was my birthday on the sat night. The band singing to me is def one of the most memorable parts of my stay.
The trp came to an end so quickly and on monday morning was time to check out. After so much fun there and a great experience it was so sad that this had to happen and was horrible to leave on a bad note. We were told that as it was the easter period the $300 voucher that they had told us will be taken off the room for extra food and drinks didnt apply. 2 days after we had gotton there my partner and I went back to reception to check that we had heard correctly and this was matter of fact as we had not been given anything in writing to clarify it. Once again they had reassured us that we had been given the free credit and it would simply be taken off our bill at the end of our stay. They proceeded to show us the documentation that showed us that easter was a blackout period and it didnt apply but after being told twice that we were entilted to it we had a case. Basically the lady at reception asked if we could identify the staff who told us this and after saying yes they took the money off our bill as promised. They proceeded to tell us that this would be taken off the 2 staff members wage who had told us this. We had heard that the staff members only make $100FJ a week and felt really bad for them. Im not sure if this was a tactic to get us to pay the money out of sympathy or if it was legit.
Overall it was a great holiday and I would still go back again. The staff members are lovely and make you feel very welcome. If you end up going there and they tell you about this $300 voucher I would ask them to put it down on paper for you. The resort is all about trust which is a great thing but at the same time you really need to safe guard yourself to prevent an uncomfortable departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island