Just back from 4 nights at Plantation Island Island. We had a great holiday but as you would expect satisfing a wife and three daughters 20 ,15 and 12 you can't please everybody all the time but it came very close ! Great staff welcome at the jetty singing necklases from there we were escorted off to the bar given a welcome juice as we walked through we were told a few things along the way people at the back would have heard very little. We sat there for a while with our juice wondering what was happening as our escort had disappeared but he returned shortly and took us to our rooms.
We had booked a Beachfront Bure requested a 200 series (after reading reviews on this site thanks) and we got bure 218 We also booked an upstairs hotel room cheapest level as 5 could not stay in BF bure But this room had been upgraded to deluxe garden suite which was way better quality than the Beachfront Bure highest price room So happy 20 year old ! This room was quite nice decore was a little old but much newer than our Bure this was very basic but the beachfront location made up for any short coming that is what we had wanted so we were happy. The air con did struggle to cool the bure as there was so many gaps in windows and doors. We did plan to relax but found ourselves doing activities every day snorkeling trip did 2 free trips 1 at high tide 1 at low tide both amazing and different so many fish found nemo so happy 12 year old
chinese cemetery tour done by 15 year which was interesting to her so she was happy
Village visit and basket weaving lesson were great so wife was happy.Food wise was a little bit of a mixed bag our first night we were keen to do the lovo feast but by the time we got to dinner while there was plenty of food it was all hot or cold but the opposite of what it should have been. My advise would be get there early right a start time and still be carefull . We ordered A La carte for the rest of our meals. We were glad we did not do any of the pre payed meal plan as 1 day we skipped breakfast an 2 lunches we just had burgers and sandwiches salads beside the boat shed which was good value.Unfortunately Anandas restaraunt was not open while we were there quiet time apparently.
My wife and did enjoy valentines day dinner at Lomanis adults only resort 300 mtrs up the beach this was magic only couples eating there, great food ,great music ,great service
We thought the drink prices were quite reasonable we mainly drank fiji gold with dinner
and enjoyed our duty free in our room (grab bags of ice as you need from the bar )
Main tips do not forget to take sunscreen, rid etc prices for thes were crazy.
Also walk to Anandas shop near airport things there were incredibly cheap.
.We had read reviews re bill errors and had kept tabs and it was spot on .Staff were all great had expected Fiji time service but every thing was pretty quick.
Overall we had a great time would loved to have stayed much much longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island