This was our 2nd visit to Plantation Island in the past 12 months and I don’t know where to begin.
There has been a massive drop in the quality and standards of everything since 1st visit. We read some of the latest negative reviews before going thought they were being picky, they weren't!
The buffet dinner was truly awful! The only thing that saved you from the food was the fact that it was always running out or there weren’t any plates to eat off. The kid’s meal is a joke…. Pizza, Spaghetti Bolognese and chips all the time is not what you want to feed your children. Drink service didn’t happen due to a lack of staff. They didn’t cope the whole time we where there.
Breakfast time was a joke. Always the same I can deal with (no egg lady doing the freshly cooked eggs) but always running out made this like Faulty Towers. This is not an exaggeration; every morning there was food not available. No cups, glasses or plates was also very common. You could see the queue of unhappy dinners waiting for food and drinks. I even saw people drinking tea and coffee from bowls!
The staff did nothing to help and the time I did mention the issues I was told “Vinaka” and they walked off. I got the feeling they were just trying to get by with a minimum of grief directed at them. The Fly’s…..there were fly’s everywhere and I hate to think what it looked like out the back.
The “Old Copra Dining” area was being renovated , why this was being done in the busy holiday period I don’t know. They lost one of the best things about dining here, the view.
The furniture around the pools is non existent. Instead of building more accommodation they should look to spending something on the communal areas, they are all desperate for some attention. They need deck chairs.
The Inflatable water park was non operational which was a huge disappointment to the kids.
The water in the room stunk. It smelt awful and filled the room with a horrible smell for the 1st week. No fear of drinking it by mistake.
Like all other reviewers we weren’t expecting five star facilities and food (being our 2nd visit we knew what to expect) but compared to the same time last year something has gone wrong.
It appeared when snorkeling that even the reef fish have given up and left.
Think seriously about this location for your family holiday, you could get a lot more for your buck elsewhere.
During the 11 day stay on the island we were all sick as well but don’t know if this can be attributed to the stay, we hope not.
We will not return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island