Just got back from 7 nights there - there were 8 friends staying on the island for a 60th birthday bash. We shared a 2 bedroom garden bure - newly refurbished - great views of the beach as we were directly behind the beachfront bures. Others in our group shared a beachfront bure - not refurbished but made up for it by location. The snorkelling was good - straight off the beach, we also did a snorkelling trip out to the sandbar which you now have to pay for FJD15- with an abundant amount of small fish. Late March appears to be very quiet time for the resort - more popular during school holidays - which suited us oldies - we like things a bit on the quiet laid back style. Breakfast buffet was great. We didn't do the lunch meal deal - so ate lunch at the snackbar - very limited menu. Evening meal: table service/staff were great, but meals were nothing really special - FJD45 3 course buffet or 3 course a la carte- which is about $26 AUD - which is basic food at your local football club buffet style. I really didn't want to leave - I could have stayed much longer. All staff were happy and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island