We spent 5 nights at Plantation Island in July 2008 after having spent 5 nights at The Navit Resort on the Coral Coast. We travelled in a group of 16 consisting of 8 adults and 8 children ranging in age from 9 to 14.
Plantation Island is everything you picuture about Fiji. Sun, hammocks near the beach, water activiities, palm trees etc.
We had a garden burea which overlooked the beach. The burea was good size and clean and comfortable. The water activities were great. If you are going snorkelling go and your snorkles early in the morning and book in a day or 2 before for snorkelling and scuba lessons as they can get booked out. It was great being able to swap beach towels whenever we wanted. There was a clothes line outside our burea which was great for drying swimmers etc.
The food was very average in the main restaurant particularly after coming from 'the all inclusive package at The Naviti". The docket system was frustrating and could have been run better. It was easier to go with the flow than let frustration ruin our holiday.
We ate 4 out of the 5 nights at Ananda's and the staff were great and food was pretty good. They gave you a $25 credit per head for adults if you were on the meal plan option at the resort and kids meals were free if on the resort meal plan.
We wanted to buy beer at Port Denaru but our transfer was late thanks to Fiji time. Definately much cheaper to buy it at the port than on the island. We took our duty free and the guys paid $4.50FJD x 24 for a case of beer (they don't discount on the island). We bought our mixers at the supermarket on the island and had our own happy hour each night before dinner.
The snorkelling trip was really good and we went twice. Coral is starting to die off but saw some spectacular fish.
Just before we arrived they introduced a $6 per head petrol levy on all motorised water activities but it was still worth it. Please note as you need a boat to get to the reef the snorkellling trip gets charged the $6 levy.
Really enjoyed the 5 days there. Just enought to feel relaxed. Great way to wind down
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island