We had ups and downs in our experience here.
We choose this time of the year (June) cause its not their wet season but oh my, there was a cyclone watch. Weather caused flash flooding, i know the weather is out of anyones control but it did limit the outdoor fun we had. Even though it rained alot it was still hot & humid. Still on the days that the sun was shining the suroundings were beautiful, felt like paradise.
The food was very average and we even got a stomach bug on the island, my 18 month old son was bitten all over his body by sand flies, not sure if they were in the cot or on the beach. Staff werent as friendly as the other resorts we stayed at however when the water pipe burst, they immediately moved us. We styed in a stuido garden bure. The rooms are definately run down & i think all the bathroom in the studio garden bures should be refurbished. I would highly recommend a beachfront bure, they are so much nicer.
The resort does have a fantastic kids club & heaps of activities for adults & children all day every day, that was great. Night entertainment was great but please put the music down at say 10-11pm. We didn't even have a bure next to the shed & we were kept up half the night cause the dj music was so loud & drunks walking back to their room making a lot of noise. We had a couples massage and it was the best massage ive ever had.
All in all, its a great holiday desitnation on a tight budget, i would go back but change a few thing next time & wait until our kids are at least 5 years old or older.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island