Okay guys - you sometimes think it is a waste of time to read these type of reviews but please take the time to read mine (I am glad that I read some of the things that I did before I left).....
We just got from Plantation Island 4 days ago, so everything is pretty fresh in our minds.
We have a 15 year old and a 12 year old - so I was a bit concerned that the island would be too young for them.......I couldnt of been more wrong! I am glad that I read trip advisor, as it reminded me that this is in fact a 3 star property and they don't preach to be anything but........if you go with that in mind, you will be pleasantly surprised. I think the reviews that gave them a hard time, have gone thinking that you will have 5 star treatment and first class meals. But we love the fact that it is truly Fijian in everything possible. We love the fact the everytime we did have something we needed fixed or help with something - it was addressed straight away. The staff where amazing and yes sometimes Fijian time does come through but that is the nature of the destination!!! (Note have stayed in many 5 star properties and Fijian Time is always there too).
Our Garden Studio Bure, was perfect and perfectly placed.......extremely large and was great for our bigger family - we were a bit worried about all sharing the same room for 7 days but truly we were never in our room, even on the thunder/rain day we had. Some nights the kids came back after us. The fridge was large and the bathroom as well, the beds were really comfortable and the single beds were a perfect size for the 15 and 12 year old. The rooms were also made up everyday.
Even though my kids were older, they loved it and got so into the life on Plantation Island, volleyball at 4, touch at 5 and dancing & joint family activites at the bar at 7pm and then movies at 7.30pm - so even though the kids club was far from their interest the staff make it sooo much fun for everyone. The days were spent doing all the standard beach stuff!!! There are 3 pools, the kids loved them and hanging with all the other children - though my hubby and I never left the beach and our deck chairs!!! :)
Lastly the food was a big worry for me and I was again pleasantly surprised. We only had the Buffet Breakfast twice and the rest of the time we had the Museli Bars etc (from home) or the Smoothies from the Cocohut. Lunch was easy as we had either Pizza, Roti, Hotdogs or Toasted Sandwiches or Chips - all from the Kana Vale Snack Bar - these ranged from $6.50 to $8.00 Fijian. Then the Buffet at night was a different theme every night, and there was always something yummy for all of us ..... we are extreme foodies but if you go realising that you are at a 3 star resort in the middle of the Pacific - then you will be happy. Do not think that you need a full MEAL PLAN (loads of people we met were on that but were just so over eating - as three Buffets a day were too much) maybe the HALF MEAL PLAN would be OK, brekkie and Dinner, but we just didnt need it. Also we brought loads of snacks from home and this works so well, especially with children that are always hungry :)
We brought Water from Duty free and you just dont need to do that, the Mini Mart sells 1 litre water for FJD$1.50 and the resort gives you a bottle when you arrive that you can full up at the Bar for free.
OMG I have gone on - but we are just so relaxed and happy - we had a night at the Radisson on the way home that we cancelled and rebooked into Plantation as we loved it so much. WE WILL BE BACK - THANKS PLANTATION!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island