The title of this review would fit any island you visit in the Mamanuca chain. They are all equally spectacular ! Let me start out by saying that we had no problems with hot water or water pressure, it could have been because we were in the 100s block close to the resort, but no interuptions at all. The resort itself is fun, especially for the kids. But there are places to get away from the hustle and bustle if u are honeymooners or parents who just want to have a few hours alone while the kids are at the kids club. If you want a quieter , more private pool then just walk toward musket cove, where the poolside rooms are located. If you want a quiet stretch of beach, face the pier and turn left and walk toward the more private bures, on the southwest side.. We were suprised that the food was as good as it was, we werent expecting much for the price, but the mongolian night was very good, as were the other dinners. We skipped the lunch buffet and ate at the beach shack , very good pizzas, fries, ect, and very reasonable prices. I really liked the fact that in a resort where drinking water is limited, they sell bottled water as cheap as the supermarkets in Nadi do, no gouging on the price. They also offer purified rainwater for free, which we opted out of because the bottled water was cheap.We will return again and again, we didnt want to leave, but work and school took precedence. One note of advice, this is a cashless island and with good reason, i would suggest that you heed that and either charge to the room or purchase a cash card which can be used anyplace on the island, they will redeem it for whatever u didnt spend at checkout, and give u cash back. We had a wonderful stay, next time we agreed it would be a much longer one, staff were friendly, and service was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island