We travelled in march 2013 we stayed in a 2 bedroom garden bure which was huge large bar fridge. We expected budget accommodation so there wasn't too many surprises. The resort is old and needs a lot of work done to it the resort employs locals which was nice so nothing happens quickly but things do get done eventually. The service was fast we ate at Anandas or bought food from the supermarkets which had everything. Best advice is to take a pack of plastic cutlery bowls and cups they have every cereal available for the same price as australia fresh bread cheese rolls daily we made our own meals a few times Anandas BBQ buffet lunch was great huge range of steak fish and chicken. The holiday is what you make of it if you can look past the old worn buildings evening shows were great the island was beautiful. Musket cove resort looked tidier but snorkeling was closer from plantation island resort day trips were excellent especially she'll village. Walk over the island and down the hill it's beautiful and snorkeling off the beach is amazing. Staff were all friendly which adds to the character of the place. If you can handle a run down caravan park in australia then you wil be fine staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island