We ended up at Plantation Island after Cyclone Evan had damaged our first choice being Malolo Island Resort. We stayed in a beachfront bure, which we found to be very spacious and comfortable. There was plenty of room for the 4 of us (my wife and our 2 children 15 and 11). The resort is 3 star and our room is a bit on the old side but everything was functional and the maids keep the room very clean and tidy not an easy task with my kids. The beachfront bures are at the best end of the resort and you could swim out and snorkel from here and see all the different colourful fish. Here is a tip, take some bread from breakfast and take it out with you when you snorkel this will attract all the fish, just amazing. The best place to snorkel is just before the pontoon that you will see from the beach.
We were on the meal plan (breakfast and dinner) and although you have to have breakfast in the main area, you do have the choice of where you have dinner and can use your credit there (being F$40 per adult and F$20 per child). I would recommend the Black Coral restaurant, waiter service and a lot more civilized. We rarely went over the credit.
We did a few trips, hand line fishing, snorkeling, and dolphin safari which were all good value. My son and I also played golf on the 9 hole course. The course is OK for a hit and giggle but don’t expect too much. There are 3 swimming pools, tennis, and mini golf and so there is a lot to keep you occupied. My wife also enjoyed a couple of massages at the salon.
I would mention that it is hard to get a drink at the bar especially during happy hour you have to order from one of the staff with an order book and then wait. This can take some time and was fairly chaotic. There must be a better way to handle this.
There is also a coffee bar that does good coffee, milkshakes and smoothies etc.
We had a good holiday but next time we will head back to our favourite resort being Malolo Island Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island