After one week at Plantation Island resort we returned home feeling happy. The island itself is beautiful and the people are amazing. We spent most of our time on the beach and snorkelling, unfortunately the coral isn't so good and they did say that they are trying to regrow in areas, but we did see a few colourful fish. The water was breathtaking and clear with many fish close to shore as you paddle. Our 2 bedroomed garden bure was spacey and cleaned every day, it was literally a 10 second walk down to the beach. Lots of coconuts around which my son loved trying to open to no success lol, but funny to watch. Lots of crabs around and also lizards on your ceiling, so if you have a fear be warned. I find them cute and cool to watch, but didn't realise they woud be inside our bure. The food was the down side and we did have to complain at one point about the buffet, but we where refunded for that evening in particular so that was good. I do think they need to look at upgrading the buffet as we noticed a few people not happy with it. We ended up eating at the Al La Carte most evenings which was ok. Overall we enjoyed our stay there and we did do the island hop which was very cool, but would stay clear of the glass bottom boat as it wasn't very good and not worth the cash. The kayaks where always available and that was fun, and the 24 hour reception was always very helpful and always there when needed. The staff are wonderful and loved my little boy, we had a few good chats and where sorry to say goodbye. They made sure we where looked after by the bar area and wouldn't let us carry our own drinks, each time my husband got up to help he was told to sit down lol. I think I'm quite a fussy person and think the rating for this place is about right, there's no frills and it is very basic, but clean and comfortable. We did find it very expensive and paying at the end of the stay can throw a big surprise if you don't keep checking your bill along the way. We paid midweek to keep track of what we where spending. This is our first visit to a Fiji island and would probably go back to Plantation again at some stage, but for now we want to see what other islands have to offer. On the island hop Castaway was great and looked slightly better in the food area, we had pizza and it was lovely. We also checked out their menu while there and it did look more appealing. Beach at Castaway was just as nice as Plantation. We also had a few nice walks along the beach to Musket Cove, which was nice and a few more bars there. Lomani resort is right next door and an adults only resort, so it's nice to go for a romantic evening if you want to leave the kids with a sitter or in the kids club. The staff at Lomani are very attentive and you'll love it there if you fancy that little break from the kids.
I'm missing Fiji so much, so I think that says a lot about our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island