Stayed with our 3 boys aged 11, 6 and 4 years old. Great place to take kids. Resort is located between Lomani (no kids allowed) and musket cove (more upmarket than Plantation). Plantation island resort is a 3 star resort but to be honest it doesn't really matter because the location is beautiful...they have a range of accommodation but tend to put people with kids on one side. It is a little tired (a little run down) but doesn't really matter because the sunset and beaches are beautiful. Best advice: don't do a meal plan there....take your own breakfast or buy it from either of the two supermarkets nearby. The buffet becomes an ordeal and you just can't take anymore....not the best food at all....you can easily walk to Musket cove and buy a BBQ pack (includes meat/chicken/fish salad and garlic bread) from The Trader shop and walk up to the little bar at the dock to cook your meal and have a drink while watching the sun set...fantastic. You can also order pizza at the Traders shop if you don't fancy cooking (it's ok pizza). Dick's place is nice to eat at. Didn't try Lomani's. There is also an a la carte restaurant at Plantation at the back of the main area which is nice to get away from people. The staff at Plantation are lovely and really like kids, you really get the feeling they genuinely like them which is so nice. We had a terraced room at the back of the resort which was spacious and clean and fine for 5 of us. It was a bit of a hike to the main part which meant you don't want to forget anything if heading for the pool...take all your gear ie. snorkelling, life jackets, reef shoes .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island