We have just returned from 7 nights on platation island. We were travelling with our 6 and 9 year old boy for our first overseas holiday with kids.
Overall this was a wonderful holiday. We were lucky to have fantastic weather and this showed off plantations true natural beauty, the water really is as crystal clear and blue like the post cards.
We received great service, welcoming song, necklaces, easy check in. We were very happy with our beachfron bure which was spacious and comfortable and in a great location. The resort was doing ground works on the beach front to repair damage done by recent storms while we were there and customer service suggested they move us further along the beach front so our holiday would not be affected, this was greatly appreciated.
Our kids enjoyed the pontoon, kayaks and most of all snorkelling both out the front of the resort and out at sandbank and bringham reef which I would highly recommend.
The location of the restaurant is great situated right on the beach and our kids would run and play with the other kids as soon as dinner was finished. The evening kids club was basic but well used by our kids the younger one especially enjoyed it. Michael was great.
The food was average. We made a mistake with the buffet meal deal .. 3 buffets per day is too much and you cant transfer your vouchers on this deal. The kids did not really like the lunches and we would have liked some other options which are offered on the 1/2 and full board meal deals.
We got a babysitter and had dinner at Flame tree restaurant at Lomani resort for our 10 year wedding anniversary and this was fantastic. The food and service were both excellent and I would highly recommend it.
My husband surfed most days getting the 6am boat. This was very convenient however it would be improved with 2 boats so that a choice of reefs could be offered.
Some areas for improvement - kids club in the day was a gloomy place. The ladies here do not seem to be suited to this job as you barely get a bula out of them and they dont seem to interact with the kids at all. We were there out of school holidays but there didn't seem to be much on for the older children eg 9 and up. 1 day there was beach volleyball. This and similar activities would have been great on some more days.
Overall this resort suited our family . if you want to relax, snorkel, surf and are not too fussy about food and organised kids club activities in the day you will enjoy this tropical paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island