My partner and I stayed at Plantation Island Resort for 4 nights in May. We loved it. We stayed in a Beach Front Bure and would really recommend staying here. It was a whole 10 steps to the water at high tide. The snorkelling is ok from the beach however a quick boat ride or a good work out on one of the kyaks for a 30 minute paddle out to the sandbank at low tide will give you a most remarkable snorkelling adventure. We tied up our kyaks to a handy rope that the staff have anchored so they didn't float away when the tide came up and spent over an hour snorkelling around the reef that surrounds this lovely little sandbank. We had a school of Garfish follow us the whole time we were out. One of the highlights was watching 3 little sea horses graze on some seaweed! We played a couple of rounds of golf on the islands 9 hole golf course and found it to be great fun. We were the only ones out playing so had the course to ourselves.
We went out with Paul, one of the local guys, who runs a boat out to the surf breaks. It was about 20 minutes to Namotou Lefts and Wilkes Passage and was very reasonably priced. We both surfed Namotou Lefts which was fun and while my partner surfed Wilkes I snorkelled with one of the other passengers. The snorkelling again was incredible. It was quite deep here and the fish much larger with different species everywhere. They were not as friendly as the fish around the sandbank but really worth the experience.
Our room was clean and tidy with a pretty comfortable bed. The meke performance was hilarious. The kids all enjoyed it along with the staff and participated enthusiastically.
It was a bit noisy early in the morning with kids waking up and ready to play in the bures around us but that is to be expected in such a great family resort. It didn't bother us with our stay.
Overall this is a gem of a resort. 5 star location!! We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the 553 acre island of Malolo Lailai, part of the Mamanuca Group of Islands, Plantation is surrounded by 23 acres of tropical gardens, coconut palms and white sandy beaches that front a beautiful sheltered lagoon. Plantation offers several accommodation options to suit most budgets, and is great value for families, students and fun loving couples. Most of the activities are complimentary including the 'Coconut Kids Club'. Come experience the friendly Fijian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Plantation Island Malolo Lailai
- Island Plantation Resort
- Plantation Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island