Wow.. my husband and I went to Likuliku on our honeymoon this past October.. and it was just way beyond our expectations! We took a private boat to the island and were greeting by a lovely welcome song. From the moment we arrived we felt like part of their family. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived since we got there before check in time, but they brought us to the restaurant to eat lunch. The staff always had smiles on their faces and made sure to learn your names and use them every chance possible. I work in the hospitality industry and really appreciated this sentiment.
The food was out of this world! We loved that every day for lunch and dinner there was a different menu. Breakfast was the same each day but delicious. Definitely recommend the crepes (grilled pineapple, honey, fresh coconut.. mmm). I can't say enough about how delicious the food was. The portions were perfectly sized and you never left hungry.
We originally booked a Beachfront Bure but decided to later on splurge on the Deluxe, and we were so happy we did. The Deluxe Beach Bure has its own pool which you really can plunge into! I was surprised that it was almost 5 ft deep and you could just relax and soak up the sun in there. The room was huge! It had a living room area really large bedroom and bathroom area. The outdoor shower was a nice touch as well. We enjoyed the turn down service at night. While at dinner the staff would turn down the bed, put relaxing music on, and lit a candle underneath a nice smelling oil. The daybed outside was where we spent most of our time.. its large and soo cozy. As everyone else has mentioned, the freshly baked cookies delivered each day were AMAAZING!
We liked the complimentary snorkel gear you receive when you get there, and you get to keep for the duration of your stay. The bures are right on the beach so during high tide we could walk right out from our bure and go snorkeling in the lagoon. The reef was only a few feet out so your didn't have to swim very far. We really loved all the blue starfish, and coral.. although I heard from other guests the colors and fish were much more abundant if you went on one of the snorkeling excursions. Still it was a very convenient and relaxing activity we could do at our leisure. We did the island hopping tour on our last day which was fun. We stopped at a couple other resorts that made Likuliku look like heaven!
We went to the spa and had a couples massage which was heavenly.. the hour went by way too fast! Make sure to book any treatments when you arrive because the appointment times fill up fast.
The only negative I could say about this luxurious paradise, is that it really is overrun with ants. Now I understand its an island and there are bugs.. but they are everywhere. All over our deck, the walkways around the resorts, the pool area, the beach. They are really tiny and harmless but nonetheless annoying. As for mosquitoes the staff does a great job at trying to control them. They give you plenty of bug spray in your room, as well as well as mosquito coils to keep them away. I did notice the staff spraying around the resort too.
Overall.. it was the most incredible honeymoon and we have so many great memories from Likuliku. We would most definitely recommend this resort for couples wanting to escape from their everyday lives and just relax and enjoy each others company. Thank you Likuliku and hope to return again one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Likuliku Lagoon Resort is a multi award-winning, unique, luxury haven for couples only and the first and only in Fiji with over-water bures. A unique and special place, designed with integrity to cultural values, traditional designs and architecture and embraced by the renowned warmth of the Fijian people. From the water it looks like an ancient village, so traditional is the architecture. Likuliku embodies the richness of an ancient culture with vibrant present-day lifestyle touches. With over 18,000 stays and over 4000 return guests, Likuliku is a truly magical place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Likuliku Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Likuliku Lagoon Hotel Malolo Island
- Likuliku Lagoon Malolo Island