You cannot fake this level of service, or warmth. Everyone says the Fijian people are warm, friendly and wonderful. After our first trip to Fiji, we heartily agree. But LikuLiku is not merely any resort in Fiji. It is a luxurious haven where almost everything is included in the original price (including our helicopter ride in from the airport in Nandi - wow! - because we stayed seven nights). Alcohol and some specialty drinks and trips are extra, but most things you need -- snorkel gear, sailboats, kayaks, paddle boards, etc. - are included. And the food is wonderful. It is purposely served in courses so you are forced to relax and be leisurely. From the first "Bula!", the staff members each shake your hand and introduce themselves, remembering your name for your entire stay. They welcome you home at the beginning, which feels odd, but by the time you leave, you get it. You feel like you are leaving family when you leave. No tipping is allowed, except at the end if you would like to add something to a group jar for the entire staff - not required. But no matter - no one could be this warm, friendly and nice just for the money. The people are simply nice, good people, and it all starts at the top. Steve, the GM, and each of the Managers and staff took time out to hang out with us and share some personal tales, which we greatly appreciated. We learned about the people and enjoyed their stories of their villages and families, and were more curious about them and their lives with each one. We felt like we had made friends not just stayed at a hotel. And even though it is clearly a honeymoon-type destination, where many couples go for privacy and seclusion, (no kids allowed) we also enjoyed meeting other couples - one in particular - and dining together, sharing a drink before dinner in the relaxing bar, and learning about Australia where they (and most of the guests) were from. We also made another, special friend: Coco, Steve's one year-old labrador retriever. She would play in the surf daily, with staff, guests and occasionally Steve (he was working, after all). We looked for her every morning, hoping to see her "playing soccer" with the folks, or retrieving coconuts thrown for her. Or just chasing around because she could. When we left, they brought her out to say goodbye, which was an awfully nice gesture, and she jumped in the golf cart to ride to the helicopter pad with us. It was the perfect send-off to a perfect week at LikuLiku. We hope to return again, and spend several meals wondering which other couples we could persuade to come join us there. It is not a bargain vacation. But then if you want that, go find that. If you want great food, great service, warm, friendly people and a relaxed, no-pressure, all-inclusive luxury, beachfront Fijian holiday with gourmet dining, this is your place. Bula Vinaka!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Likuliku Lagoon Resort is a multi award-winning, unique, luxury haven for couples only and the first and only in Fiji with over-water bures. A unique and special place, designed with integrity to cultural values, traditional designs and architecture and embraced by the renowned warmth of the Fijian people. From the water it looks like an ancient village, so traditional is the architecture. Likuliku embodies the richness of an ancient culture with vibrant present-day lifestyle touches. With over 18,000 stays and over 4000 return guests, Likuliku is a truly magical place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Likuliku Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Likuliku Lagoon Hotel Malolo Island
- Likuliku Lagoon Malolo Island