Although the resort itself is fabulous I don't recommend you swim in the water unless you take a boat and get away from the actual beachfront. I was snorkling close to shore and noticed something sticking to my hair. First I thought it was a lump of seaweed but discovered it was actually some sort of varnish that had been spilt into the water. It stuck to my hair in lkittle white lumps and was impossible to remove. Although the staff were apologetic in their lovely Fijian way I was unable to remove it.
I have had to have my hair cut and let the rest of it grown out.
Three months down the track it's still noticable. The resorts response to my complaints was to give me the name of the particular varnish so that I could use some sort of stripper to get rid of it!
The food was great except for the two nights when they have a buffet.
Accommodation is fabulous.
Beachfront is tidal and not really suitable for swimming. You really have to go offshore to enjoy the beautiful Fijian water.
Jacquie Blatchford. Sydney. Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Likuliku Lagoon Resort is a multi award-winning, unique, luxury haven for couples only and the first and only in Fiji with over-water bures. A unique and special place, designed with integrity to cultural values, traditional designs and architecture and embraced by the renowned warmth of the Fijian people. From the water it looks like an ancient village, so traditional is the architecture. Likuliku embodies the richness of an ancient culture with vibrant present-day lifestyle touches. With over 18,000 stays and over 4000 return guests, Likuliku is a truly magical place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Likuliku Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Likuliku Lagoon Hotel Malolo Island
- Likuliku Lagoon Malolo Island