My husband and I recently went to Fiji & New Zealand for our honeymoon. We had a fantastic time in both countries but we both said that the highlight of the trip was walking into our overwater bure at Likuliku for the 1st time. Right as you walk in the front door there is a large picture window over looking the beautiful lagoon. We looked at each other in awe and couldn't beleive that we were actually staying here. And as we looked around the room, it got even better - from the large bedroom area with cut-out floor panels so you could see the water to our huge deck to the beautiful bathroom and soaking tub.
Yes, Likuliku is expensive - especially the overwater bure - but to us it was worth it. We only stayed 3 nights to save money but both wished we saved else where and stayed longer.
A few things to note before you go - as others have mentioned - the lagoon is tidal so you can't swim until around noon. This was ok with us as there is a great infinity pool at the main lodge. Also, it's a bit of a walk from the overwater bure's to the main lodge/restaurant, at least 10 minutes. This was also ok with us but wanted to note that. The dinner service is also extremely slow - not a complaint, just something to be aware of. Dinner took about 2 hours. But we really liked the food. We did not have problems with mosquitos at our bure but being a tropical island, take precautions when dining.
Everything and everyone was great. We really enjoyed the snorkel trip, sunset cruise and 'deserted' picnic to honeymoon island.
Can't wait to go back. We said maybe 5 year anniversary but don't know if I can wait that long!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Likuliku Lagoon Resort is a multi award-winning, unique, luxury haven for couples only and the first and only in Fiji with over-water bures. A unique and special place, designed with integrity to cultural values, traditional designs and architecture and embraced by the renowned warmth of the Fijian people. From the water it looks like an ancient village, so traditional is the architecture. Likuliku embodies the richness of an ancient culture with vibrant present-day lifestyle touches. With over 18,000 stays and over 4000 return guests, Likuliku is a truly magical place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Likuliku Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Likuliku Lagoon Hotel Malolo Island
- Likuliku Lagoon Malolo Island