Just recently returned from a wonderful stay at Liku Liku Resort for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. We arrived late afternoon (just the 2 of us) to be greeted by a laughing, singing & smiling group of resort staff. Such a great way to arrive and be welcomed to the resort. I know this is a general reception at most resorts in Fiji but these guys were pretty enthusiastic!
We were then escorted around the resort facilities whilst our bags were whisked away to our Deluxe Beachfront Bure. The Bure was gorgeous - huge, well appointed (great stereo/i-pod dock) and most importantly with a plunge pool. This was the best feature as it afforded us the best of both worlds - pool or ocean? Although we didn't stay in an over water Bure I did think the Deluxe Beachfront looked far better in terms of size and location. It was quite a walk from the over water Bures to the rest of the Resort & restaurant.
Now the food......we were blown away by the quantity, quality & variety. Aurelie in particular (F&B Manager) was so lovely. Her service was excellent as were the other restaurant team. I found them to be very attentive, anticipating when our water or drinks needed topping up & clearing empty plates quickly. We rarely had to ask for anything and the gap between courses was perfectly timed. Plus they made the BEST Mai Tai's in Fiji.
No room service which was fine by us - much nicer to sit in the restaurant. They did however deliver snacks and drinks to the room upon request. Very handy and surprisingly very quick. I ordered tonic waters for some G&T's and these were delivered in about 10mins along with a plate full of freshly sliced lime. Beware the fresh chocolate chip cookies in the room though - very addictive & topped up each day!!
Overall the Resort staff were so friendly and were genuinely happy to see us each day. They made us feel quite special. We also organised a dive which was really good - nice professional set up with the dive operator used. The Resort had a little food, water & towel package ready to go when we arrived - felt a bit spoilt when the other divers looked at what we had!!
The rest of our days were spent sitting in our plunge pool, sipping champagne and staring out at the beautiful setting. Unfortunately it all came to an end far too quickly. I would thoroughly recommend a stay at Liku Liku Resort, yes it's expensive but so worth it for a special occasion.
To top things off, I also realised I had left my prescription glasses behind in the room when we arrived back home. I e-mailed the Resort only to be advised the Porter had checked our room before taking our luggage. He had noticed my glasses on the bedside table and tucked them into a side pocket of my bag. So grateful to him for checking. Cannot wait to go back to our island home.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Likuliku Lagoon Resort is a multi award-winning, unique, luxury haven for couples only and the first and only in Fiji with over-water bures. A unique and special place, designed with integrity to cultural values, traditional designs and architecture and embraced by the renowned warmth of the Fijian people. From the water it looks like an ancient village, so traditional is the architecture. Likuliku embodies the richness of an ancient culture with vibrant present-day lifestyle touches. With over 18,000 stays and over 4000 return guests, Likuliku is a truly magical place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Likuliku Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Likuliku Lagoon Hotel Malolo Island
- Likuliku Lagoon Malolo Island