Just back from 10 days in Fiji. We spent the first 3 nights at Malolo and so wished we had spent the whole holiday there. Once you adjust to doing things in Fiji time this place was amazing everything you could wish for in a holiday, great service, beautiful accommodation (kids didn't even care that there was no TV), wonderful food and the beach was just amazing. The swimming is great, some of the best coral and fish spotting right at your doorstep. Reef shoes would have been good for the kids as the sand is quite shelly but they coped ok (they did sell them at the shop but at $50 AUD each we didn't bother!). Free use of non motorized equipment which was great fun (and once we got to the Sheraton in Denarau we realised a huge bonus as they charge for this type of stuff). Plenty of great food and the beach bar was the perfect place to unwind after an action packed day and enjoy a cocktail and again after going to Denarau afterward the prices were pretty good considering you have no other options (but do recommend you take a few bottles of your own). The kids club was fantastic, a beautiful setting and wonderful charming staff who are actually attentive and engaged with the kids, the activities where varied and they always had lots of fun my 5 and 3 year olds loved it. My only complaint was the price of laundry its ridiculously expensive when you consider that you can have a babysitter for $10 Fijian an hour but will pay a fortune to get some washing done. We put in 2 bags of washing and they wanted to charge us close to $100 Australian dollars plus they ruined one of my kaftans - it all turned out ok they were great and sorted it out but still they could improve on this and also provide a little fold away air dryer for the Bure so you can just rinse things out in the sink. Oh and the size of the coffee cups, my husband and I were dying for a nice decent large coffee each morning but whilst the coffee was nice they only served it in really small cups so we needed to have about 3 to sustain us! Overall though it was superb the whole ambience of the place is just wonderful, we went and stayed at the Sheraton in Denarau (DO NOT BOTHER) afterward and all we wanted to do was turn around and go back to Malolo it was just hideous compared to being on this island paradise. We are already planning when we can go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malolo is an intimate, rustic resort. It's about a bure near the beach, surrounded by the world's friendliest people with a living and authentic culture. You will be served by the descendants of villagers who have lived there for thousands of years, offering true Fijian hospitality. Perfect for families and couples alike, at Malolo, you can fill your day with a myriad of activities or simply unwind and do nothing at all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malolo Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malolo Island Hotel Malolo Island
- Fiji Malolo Island Resort