Beachcomber Island Resort
$142
$95
  • Breakfast included
Likuliku Lagoon Resort(Malolo Island)
$967
$841
  • Pool
Musket Cove Island Resort & Marina(Malolo Lailai Island)(Great Value!)
$319
$236
  • Beachfront
Malolo Island Resort(Malolo Island)(Great Value!)
$340
$331
$860
  • Breakfast included
Plantation Island Resort(Malolo Lailai Island)(Great Value!)
$336
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Six Senses Fiji(Malolo Island)
$800
$765
$63
$53
  • Breakfast included
Lomani Island Resort(Malolo Lailai Island)
$308
$262
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Castaway Island Fiji(Castaway Island (Qalito))
$479
$454
  • Beachfront
All reviewsparty goersbula dancehot waterfish feedingbeach comberbed dormhappy hourlunch and dinnerfire dancersjet skiingcrabgreat friendsper daystaff were amazingfree activitiessand barisland resort
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I would have lives this place 10 years ago when backpacking! Party Time!

But my wife and 7 found the overall experience of the resort itself average.

Cruise there and back was fast, efficient and peaceful on the catamaran. Hairy transfer to island on the smaller "glass bottom" boat; read a glass slat covered in water and sand to obscure view!

Lunch and afternoon tea were interesting; after a 20 min queue basically a mix of boney chicken, fish and rice were the buffet for lunch and stale dry fairy cakes for afternoon tea. Plates and cutlery where a disaster with not enough to go around and 20 or so folk without either.

Entertainment provided was basically a ladyboy stage show and dancing which was ok.

The best part; you were then free to relax on the amazing beach and snorkel in the clear blue sea.....this was paradise. This more than made up for everything else, was fantastic, really felt like a paradise island.

Bar staff were friendly although service was definitely on Fiji time.

Worth a visit to experience paradise, just don't expect too much from catering!

Perfect for backpackers and budget holiday makers.

• Stayed: December 2012
BIR_Manager, Manager at Beachcomber Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Bula Vinaka,
Thank you for your mainly positive review from your recent day trip Beachcomber Island. Beachcomber remains the leading day trip destination in the Mamanucas and as a whole, provides an experience that meets or exceeds the expectations of the vast majority of guests. You have touched on a couple of things that you believe could improve and we will most definitely look into this. Occasionally some of the staff like to dress up, dance and express themselves and to many it is hilarious. At other times there is also the Polynesian and fire show dances and other forms of entertainment.
Thanks again for visiting Beachcomber.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

A boat that leaves Anchorage Beach Resort reaches there within 45 minutes.To a first time traveler to Fiji it is breathtaking. To a Fijian it is awesome! The boat departs again at 3.30 p.m to Anchorage Beach Resort on the mainland. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea is included in the rate for the day trip.
It will take you about 10 mins to go around the island. Otherwise you can snorkel, Kayak, watch turtles, go fish feeding, collect shells, watch T.V or just laze around under coconut trees or in water.
The washrooms and toilets are very clean and spacious. There is a band playing while you are doing all these. The lunch is superb with all fresh food and fruit.
You need to carry your own water bottles. You can buy drinks on the island.

2  Thank MaryAnn_09
BIR_Manager, Manager at Beachcomber Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Bula MaryAnn,
Thank you for a wonderful review and we are very pleased that you have summed up the Beachcomber day trip so well. The pictures that you have added are fabulous and add substance to the many positive reviews that we get.
Vinaka vaka levu and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of my island hopping package and had such a great time. Beachcomber wasn't included in my package so I paid an extra NZ$200 to upgrade from South Sea Island which I was more than happy to do given the party reputation of Beachcomber in NZ. The dorms were approximately half full while I was there. I didn't do any activities while I was here apart from snorkeling, swimming and partying. The snorkeling is much better on other islands but some guys did see turtles while they were swimming off the South beach. The sand and water off the South end of the island is amazing and I spent my sunshine hours alternating between swimming and sleeping on the beach under the shade of the trees. Be careful of the coral on the beach- it is quite sharp and a few people cut their feet on it. The food was average- good for lining the stomach but nothing too exciting. I personally didn't go to Beachcomber for the food so this didn't bother me. The flies were the major low point but I found that there were less flies around dinner time. Water is free and the bar staff are happy to fill your water bottle for you if you ask nicely. The music was pretty bad at times- I'm pretty sure I heard every song ever released by Westlife during my stay. The island band was great. Earlier on in the night, it would be nice if the music was a little less loud so you could easily have a conversation. The crab race auctions went on for a very long time- over an hour from the beginning of the auction till the actual crab race. The PA system was very loud and much louder than it needed to be. The dorms are pretty cramped as the lockers are underneath the bottom bunk and there are 2 lockers per bunk. The lockers come with keys which I didn't see at any of the other places I stayed at- great idea and it gives you a bit more peace of mind. Towels are free and are replaced daily. There are hot water showers but have a shower before 9pm as the water had run out by 10pm on my first night. The bathrooms in the dorms are modern and very clean. Beachcomber's party scene is what you make of it so bring a good attitude and you'll have a great time! If you're planning on partying heaps, make sure your next destination is close- the top of the Yasawas are a 4.5 hour ferry ride away. If you're traveling around mid November to early December, be sure to avoid Schoolies (herds of Australian 17-18 yr old school kids) unless you're into that sort of thing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank samsa244
BIR_Manager, Manager at Beachcomber Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Bula,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed Beachcomber and all it has to offer. It is great to hear that Beachcomber's reputation is still strong in New Zealand and that you upgraded from South Seas Island to come to Beachcomber. Agreed it is a long way to the Yasawas and for the budget conscious traveler the cost and time to go further than Beachcomber is a major consideration.
We hope to see you again at Beachcomber.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights last week with a group of friends and our partners. IS was AWESOME!! One of the best times of my life. The staff were great, special thanks to Monique (& her bar staff) James (plumber) for their hospitality.
This is def party Island & we will be back very SOON!!

The only thing that maybe needs an upgrade is the dinning area & food which were all pretty average and maybe change breakfast time from 8-9am to 10-11am..?? Partying till early hours of the morning we ony made breaky once. But other than that it was the SHT!!
Thank you again BEACHCOMBER & the VONU TOWERS!!

From NZ & the WOLF PACK

Room Tip: Get the Bures, much more spacious the lodge rooms are small & doesn't agree with your hangover!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mei G
BIR_Manager, Manager at Beachcomber Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Bula,
Thank you for such a great review, we are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it. Monica (and the rest of the staff) are now thriving at Beachcomber. We have taken on board your other comments but as a whole you appear to have enjoyed your stay at Beachcomber.
Please do come back again soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have been on this island twice before and did have great times. Was reading that is was under new management now and the reviews were not that good. Wanted to decide for myself. The guys in the boat were friendly and helpful, love the singing when you arrive! The welcome drink in the office was nice. Can't say that about the lady behind the counter; not friendly, just shoved paperwork under my face, with a pen. I don't think she really liked her job. The young girl who showed me to my lodge room was nice; i was traveling on my own so she took the second towel and beach towel away which is fair enough. I arrive late so i didn't have a swim anymore thought i would do it the next day. When later in the evening i went back to my room i noticed she had also taken my beach towel which i wanted to use the next day in the morning (before 10am - check out time) - very disappointing. Anyway, the bar was great as usual, nice cocktails. Love the band - please keep playing island songs, as the tape songs were all English songs which we hear every day at home. I guess that's great for the very young ones when they get drunk enough and want to dance but it doesn't give me that 'Fiji holiday feeling'. Anyway, the bed was clean and comfortable, shower, toilet were fine and clean. Only the fan (which was really needed) made an annoying noise which could not be stopped by changing the speed. It only needs balancing, I would have done it myself but it's too high up.
Next day; the lady who uses a whistle to attract the male worker's attention on the beach is annoying and i find that degrading; why not walk up to them and talk to them. The food was good, nicely presented. I also noticed the 'waiter & waitress' who now bring you your drinks on the beach/outside. Convenient for some. So the 'sleep quality' is poor due to the very noisy fan and the "value" is average due to not having a beach towel while i paid good money for 1 night so I guess that includes the service= average

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Tiana-1
BIR_Manager, Manager at Beachcomber Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Bula,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the welcome, the staff, the band, the bar, the music, the food and the accommodation. All these things play a major part in the Beachcomber product and it is great to hear that all these we enjoyed by you.