“Fiji - Paradise Cove is the BEST!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Trek Fiji - CLOSED

Sea Trek Fiji
More attraction details
Owner description: Now at Beachcomber Island in Fiji! Sea Trek is the closest experience you will find to walking on the moon. The shallow water, helmet diving system allows participants to walk underwater in a near zero gravity environment. Guests move in ethereal slow motion, as if in some sort of surreal time-space continuum. For a first time underwater visitor, Sea Trek is an out-of-this-world experience.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fiji - Paradise Cove is the BEST!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very good - beautiful waters and stunning fish. Would be great if the tour guides had a bit more knowledge to share. And beware of sea lice! Very friendly staff.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank eejf201

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The water was warm, the sea life was amazing, the cocktails were fantastic and the food was delicious. The list could go on but before I stop I have to say the staff were absolutely fantastic in every way and being a young soul, it was the perfect destination to meet people from all over the world and enjoy a party at night. All in all Beachcomber was absolutely beautiful and I made some great memories there and can't wait to head back.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Samoa24
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“If You Don't Have Much Time for Sightseering from Nadi, this Is a Good Bet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We were in Nadi for a family wedding, a three day affair, and didn't have a lot of time for island-hopping. We went for a day-trip to Beachcomber Island with some of the younger people in our group because it was close. I've seen some bad reviews from people that stayed there, but for a day-trip, we had a good time and felt we got our money's worth. The boat trip out was comfortable enough and just long enough (about 45 minutes) not to get bored. We were greeted by a bubbly activity guide who told us what was available for our tour ticket, basically the beach, a snorkeling trip and and lunch. My wife and I set out to walk around the island via the beach. The pebbles and sea shells made walking barefoot a bit difficult, but this is a small island. When we went around a turn figuring it was the other end, we found ourselves back at the start. We went out on the snorkeling tour with the younger group - to watch. The searched out some fish schools for viewing via the glass bottom and feeding. Then the snorkeling started. Thought it was interesting that they made them swim back to the island instead of re-boarding the boat. I'm not comfortable in the water so I would have been pissed, but none of the snorkelers seemed to mind, and since there were numerous shallow spots I guess it wasn't dangerous. The lunch was plentiful enough and our group spend the rest of the afternoon gabbing with other tourists buying beers at the cosy bar and listening to a live band, or playing beach volleyball. A pleasant day and to us worth the $60 per person.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank travelmpq
Hong Kong, China
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Like nothing on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

It really does feel like what I imagine walking on the moon feels like! We went with another couple who had 2 children. The kids were pretty nervous and came up and down the ladder several times before they got their confidence and the trip organiser was very patient and reassuring. It feels very strange that the helmet is just sitting on your shoulders but feels freer than SCUBA. We had a handrail to hold as we walked and got used to the feeling. The instructors pointed out things to look at and touch and they feed fish so that there are plenty to see. We also got a glipse of a small shark that apparently lives nearby (don't worry, not dagerous at all). The best bit by far is getting to jump up and down...I could have done that all day! There were SCUBA divers keeping an eye on us and taking photos. They were very good at aranging for us to pick up the photos a few days later at the Denaru port. Although the trip was quite expensive, I felt the equipment and staff were high quality and felt perfectly safe. Be sure to check the best time to go because our visibility was not as good as could have been (something to do with the tides).

Visited September 2010