Papageno Resort
$1,012
$973
SmithHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
$256
$248
  • Pool
Tiliva Resort(Kadavu Island)
  • Beachfront
Kokomo Private Island Fiji(Yaukuvelevu Island)
  • Restaurant
Oneta Resort(Ono Island)
  • Beachfront
Lalati Resort & Spa(Beqa Island)
  • Pool
All reviewstable tennisping pongdive masterfishbeautiful beachoceanfront burecoconut palmsmanta raysplay poolfamily vacationfarewell songorganic gardenastrolabe reefsolar powergood byepaddle boardingdelicious food
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We were all the family at this resort last december, it is really a trip because first you get to Nadi where the int. airport is and then you connect with a small plane that can leave easy with some delay to Kadavu Island, beatiful views from the plane.
There there is a very small hut as airport and you are welcome, local people help with the luggage and you take a boat to the resort, at the island there is only a very small rout and everything is connected by boat, maybe like us in this trip or during their way to pick you up they catch the dinner fish, great, suddenly you arrive and discover paradise.
People is great, take your time to know the gardens and where they plant almost all vegetables that are served, and to talke with the people, Sonyo and Lydia are amazing.
Excellent for diving or if not take some time with your snorkel, you can be there forever but watch out for sunburn, and maybe go to see the Mantas.
Yes, I know there are mosquitos, so is nature.
When we leave the locals at the resort song for us and we almost cry, I have some t-shirts from the resort and everytime I use them really think in that place, Paradise on earth.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2008

My wife and I spent two wonderful weeks in Ocean Bure #1. The staff was extremely friendly and the resort was exactly what they represented on their web site. The food was very fresh, much of it was just caught or picked fresh from their huge garden. You can just lay around on the beautiful beach, hike, swim, go kayaking, snorkeling diving or visit a local village. It was unlike anywhere we ever went. There is no air conditioning anywhere on the island because of the power. The resort uses a large solar array to charge batteries and runs their generator when the power load requires. The power is on all night every and the ceiling fan provides excellent cooling. The ocean bures also get a nice breeze from the ocean most of the time. I would recommend this resort to any adventurer who enjoys getting away from the usual places and can handle the more natural environment.

There are no roads, TV, or phones to disturb you there. We had fun wading in from the boats that bring visitors from the tiny airport.

I also took lost of great clown fish photos on my dives.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 29, 2008

We stayed at Papageno Resort to celebrate a family member's milestone birthday. During our stay we snorkeled, kayaked, hiked, and even became certified divers! Our bure was on the beach and we woke up to the sounds of the local birds. The food was excellant and very fresh. I loved that the vegetables came straight out of their own garden. The staff at the resort was very friendly and accomodating.
This resort is truly unique and gave me and my family a great travel experience. I hope to visit it again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Spent 7 nights here as a couple and had a wonderful time.

We stayed at an Oceanfront bure ten metres from the shore in total isolation from all other bures and escaped completely from mobile phones, internet and the other trappings of modern life for a blissful week. The room was lovely with fresh flowers daily, and screens on all windows.

The food was delicious and plentiful with an emphasis on fresh food from their garden, animal pens or the sea. One night we had tuna sushi 2 hours after it being caught - you can't get that kind of freshnesss many places!

The efforts of management to develop the resort as an ecoresort are to be commended with solar panels, and microhydro providing 24 hour power and only a couple of hours of generator use per day.

The garden was very pretty and peaceful. The beach allowed for long peaceful walks. Free use of kayaks, table tennos, volleyball and forest walks to a small gorgeous waterfall meant there was always enough to do if so desired. We chose not to do most of their optional activities which included village visits, and other exploratory activities which I'm sure would be fantastic.
Have done a fair bit of snorkelling and diving and snorkelling with Manta Rays on their organised trip will be in my Top 3 underwater experiences quite possibly for the rest of my life! Other diving was good, and varied. Snorkelling and swimming from the resort were best done at high tide. There were good interesting reefs to be found and explored.

Having never stayed at, and been a little reluctant to stay at a "resort", Papageno was perfect for me with attentive and friendly staff who only were seen when needed.

A perfect escape from the trappings of modern life!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank augellm
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I stayed in the Papageno with friends and family in March this year- what a great holiday!
The resort is surrounded by tropic plants and jungle, there are no cars on the island. Most of the food you'll eat comes from the island, grown by the local village people on the hotel's own organic premises. The hotel is a perfect example of tourism in harmony with nature- and still offering every luxury you might think of. Just borrow a kajak or hike up to one of the waterfalls, stroll along the beach, visit the local village or go for a dive and you'll forget about the importance of time. You don't even need to wear a watch- they'll hit the drums when dinner is ready (not for breakfast, no worries). Food was great, allways homegrown fresh vegetables and fruit, fish (catch of the day) as well as local recipes.
We had great dives (a lot of nudibranches and anything from very easy and relaxing to the more challenging drop-offs) there, the dive guide allways eager to show us the best spots and helping with equipment.
This was one of the best holidays I had- never returned more relaxed. Perfect hideaway (they do have a nice bar and we spent a lot of time there though) with exceptionally friendly staff and management.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family