“Very nice place”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Saraland
Illinois
“Very nice place”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family and I were initially Had reservations at a nearby chain. They had an indoor pool. However their pool was out of service due to high chlorine. I promised my boys a pool after a long drive. The desk called this hotel and they were able to give us a room.

The front desk person was the same for both nights-outstanding does not do her justice. I think her name was Sally, according to morning staff.

The room turned out to be a suite. Very nice with a family for multiple nights. My boys thoroughly used the outdoor pool. It was small but clean and warm enough for late evening use.

Breakfast was the normal fare, no complaints there. There was guest laundry that we also used. We did not need snacks, but there was a little snack vending area near the front desk. There were also 2 computer stations in the lobby.

I liked the indoor access rooms. Outer doors had card access. It felt very safe. Nearby are restaurants and a super Walmart. Very convenient to the interstate and Mobile. A little far from the gulf, but still accessible. Safe and less expensive than staying in Mobile or on the gulf if you don't mind a little driving.

I do wish the fitness room had either a second treadmill or an elliptical since there were 2 of us this morning using the room. It did have nice equipment, a large TV and towels.
Overall, a very nice, friendly, clean, safe to stay with a family. 4 1/2 instead of 5 due to workout area and outdoor vs indoor pool. Everything else excellent!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank fireftnchick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

From the initial appearance to checkout, this hotel exceeded my expectations. Very helpful staff! Clean comfortable and QUIET! Nice workout room and pool. I highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank mpborst
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The rooms are clean, beds are great, staff is professional. Neal, the owner, will bend over backwards to make your stay the best it can be. Great for families too, within walking distance of two nice restaurants. We stay here when ever we come to the Saraland area.

Room Tip: For the money, you can't beat this Comfort Inn and Suites.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan L
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 1, 2012

this hotel looked to us like it's about couple years old. We were supried to find out that it was older than that. very clean hotel! price was very resonable for double beds with family of four. staff members were polite and friendly! I recommand this place due to the value for the bucks we spent and the stay we experienced. will stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the interstate is quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mike v
Charleston, SC
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel during a business trip to Mobile, AL. and for the price I paid for my room, the hotel was an exceptional value. The beds were comfortable--which is important when you're staying for 6 nights! The room was clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom, which is always my pet peeve, was very clean as well. The staff was really great. I stayed in the room furthest from the high-speed wifi connection, so I didn't have a great signal--I asked the front desk about it and at first was told there was nothing that could be done, but within a few minutes one of the managers personally brought me an internet cable so that I could have a direct line to the internet in the comfort and privacy of my room. In addition, the housekeeping staff was always respectful of my privacy and provided ample towels and other amenities in a prompt and friendly manner. The breakfast was sufficient, but sometimes it was lukewarm. The only problem I had was on the last night of my stay, there were guests slamming their doors and stomping up the steps. I called the front desk and I don't know what they said to those guest, but it stopped immediately! Great customer service. I would definitely stay here again if I were traveling to Mobile in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Teri B
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My room was spacious, very clean and extremely comfortable. It is peaceful with plenty of shopping and dining nearby. The staff is so friendly and always lets you know if you need anything they are available to make you feel at home! Cudos to Comfort Suites Saraland-I travel all the time and this is one hotel I will stay at again and again!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank SJgirlinSC
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I planned a visit to Mobile to see family and go to the beach for spring break. I normally say in Mobile but I found an AWESOME alternative in Saraland, AL. The facility was immaculate and the customer service was that of a 5 star hotel. GREAT BREAKFAST,AND SPACIOUS ROOMS! It is located in a safe and friendly environment. There was shops and a variety of restaurant in walking distant. I highly recommend if you are traveling with family. You can get to Mobile in 10 min and it is 1 minute off I-65. Who knew Saraland hosted such a quality place! Check it out!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Keisha A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saraland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Saraland/North Mobile
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mobile/Saraland
Best Western Saraland Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland
Wingate by Wyndham Mobile
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile Satsuma / Saraland

Been to Comfort Suites Saraland? Share your experiences!