“Should have read Trip Advisor reviews first”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Saraland

Motel 6 Saraland
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Saraland
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Should have read Trip Advisor reviews first”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After a long day of driving, we just wanted a clean bed for the night. In our fatigue, we failed to exercise our normal caution bychecking Trip Advisor. We should have read the reviews. Mistake.
Let's see... Where to start...
Miserable bed
Lumpy pillows
Toilet smelled of urine
Tv Remote didn't work
Breakfast consisted of a few slices of white bread, a few white bagels and some cereal
Old smelly carpet
Chair is old and stained
Shower doesn't drain
Dirty windows
Needs remodeling

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Paid 52 total. Felt like old motel 6's in the 90's. Old sink, old tub, had to duck to see the mirror for contact. Got 1 towel, 1 wash cloth, soap with pub was in soap dish. Tub looked dirty as old yellow but I think it was just old. Very basic for price. When I got out of truck, the front door was locked and I had to use a night window. Hmmmm, haven't done that in a while.
I was in the handicapped room as I arrived at 11:30 at night. Tried super 8 but with all discounts it was 55 firm. This room was doable and I am on my way now!!! Good luck.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Saraland hotels

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We were driving through on the way to Atlanta for the weekend and needed a place to stay overnight to break up the drive. Everything else at this exit was $100+, and we only needed a place for about 9 hours, so we chose Days Inn.

The front desk was very friendly and acommodating. However, the positive review stops here.

Our room was MINIMALLY cleaned between guests. There were empty Wal-Mart bags in the room, old condiments and an opened can of baked beans in the fridge, used tissues in the nightstand, a comb on the floor, AND a bug crawling on the sheets in the AM. The walls were paper thin, and the hot water went from pleasant to scalding throughout the entire shower experience.

Since it was 1 am, we sucked and up and hesitantly slept in the room. I did report it to the manager at checkout, who stated "oh wow, I'll take care of that".

Proceed with caution booking a room here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank budgetgirl85
Orange Beach, Alabama
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The front desk was great with customer services and helped out a lot.
The rooms were cleaned and everything worked. The breakfast was good they had two fruits, bagels with cream cheese and toast with jelly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2008

I paid $80 a night for a room worth $55. I am not a picky person, but the bed was the worst bed I ever laid on. I switched rooms and that bed was not much better. The first room also had a dirty looking towel on the back of the toilet. The ceiling looked like the entire thing had a leak. The second room was better but the refrigerator didn't work. For the most part, it was fairly clean. I have stayed at worse, but I didn't pay $80 like I did at this hotel.

The worker was very friendly and willing to help with what she had to work with.

• Liked — It was fairly clean (except the dirty towel on the back of the toilet)
  • Disliked — the bed was a nightmare!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jgw71
Ooltewah, TN
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We called the 800 # and made our reservations.
Got a good price and the people at the hotel were very nice. First room we got was handicap w/no smoking. I am handicap so that was good. It was close to the ice machine, even better. But I couldn't stay in the room because it reeked of smoke. So we were moved to another room. When I sat down on side the bed to take my shoes off the bed fell. My husband had to put it on it's frame after we called the office and they were going to move us again. It was hot and we already had everything in the room. We were ok until I looked up and on the ceiling was some bad dust webs located over the door that was attached to the room next to us. On the wall by the mirror over the sink was a really bad site that needed attention. I kept thinking something might crawl out of the wall. The carpet on the floor was worn and torn. It needed replacing bad. I was so worried about nastiness that I never let my feet hit the floor without shoes on them. I wasn't impressed with cleanliness of the hotel at all and don't think that will be my choice unless there is no other place I can stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness--
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 21, 2005

It's been almost two years since I stayed at this hotel. I don't remember anything bad about the rooms, except the air conditioner seemed like no match for the sun in the west-facing room. However, I remember this motel experience as having the sparsest hotel breakfast of anyplace I've ever stayed. Hope you like Frosted Flakes or Cheerios.

• Stayed June 2003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saraland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Saraland/North Mobile
BEST WESTERN Saraland Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mobile/Saraland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland
Wingate by Wyndham Mobile
Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown

Been to Motel 6 Saraland? Share your experiences!