“A few aspects good, some very bad”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Saraland
Linesville, Pennsylvania
“A few aspects good, some very bad”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Elevator smelled like bug spray, carpet badly stained. Upon entering room carpet there was also badly stained. One of the spreads was stained. No ice bucket and when I asked the housekeeper for one she left one without a lid. Never even leaving a clean plastic bag for it also. Light bulbs in bedside lamp burned out. No bath towels had to ask at the front desk for some and they were being laundered. Top of beds and dresser were dusty. The breakfast was okay and the kitchen staff were extremely friendly. The front desk staff were also very friendly. Coffee in the lobby and the good cookies were a nice touch. Overall for being a fairly new hotel I would not stay there again. I wonder if the room I got was because I booked online at expedia and got a discounted rate? Oh, Beds were very comfortable!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joshua H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and I will personally pass it along to each of them. I do want to apologize about the state of some of the items in your room and the service delivery from a certain staff member- this is definitely not up to our standards and I will be addressing each of these items with my staff. I can assure you this is not our normal standard of service and we will make improvements immediately! If you find yourself back in our area, please contact me so I can personally take care of you. On your next stay, I'd love to offer you a special discount plus a complimentary upgrade to the best room we have available. Again, thank your for your comments and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Hidden behind the Microtel, this place is nearly invisible from the road and very hard to find on a a dark, rainy night. Study the location map in advance. A sign in the vicinity of the turn-off would be helpful.

Service is just average. Wi-fi did not work and night desk personnel had no clue as to how to fix it. Day shift was informed of problem at check out and also seemed at a loss. Desk clerks on both day and night shifts spent extended time away from their posts and left guests waiting at the desk and phones from guests unanswered. Night clerk put me in a regular room even though I had an accessible room reservation. After notifying her of the error, she shifted me to a nice accessible room.

Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joshua H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. These reviews are very important to us and we take them very seriously as they are the #1 way we can improve our property and service for our guests. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced finding our hotel and during your stay. Unfortunately, our hotel is a bit hidden - we are currently working with the city to erect a tall pylon sign to enable our guests to find our hotel quickly. I am also reviewing the directions on our website to ensure we are providing the most accurate way for our guests to find us.
I also appreciate your feedback regarding the service issues you encountered with our front desk agents. I will personally make sure this is addressed, as service is our priority and the simply is no excuse for any of our employees to not be proactive in dealing with guest issues.
That being said, I do appreciate your kind words about the quality of our rooms and breakfast. While I am a new manager here, I am very proud of what we have to offer and I am working very hard to ensure our service delivery is at the same level of our hotel quality.
As a thank you for the feedback you have given us and an apology for the issues you experienced during your stay, I would like to offer you a special rate and an upgrade on your next stay with us. Please contact myself (Josh) or my Assistant General Manager (Katie) at our hotel so that we may handle your reservation personally and roll out the red carpet for you when you return! Thank you again, and Happy Holidays!

Josh Herron
Country Inn & Suites - Saraland, AL
Duluth, GA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Exterior arrival says it all at some properties and this one sure did too. Other than being somewhat hard to locate when arriving off I-65, it had a quiet, laid-back setting. Front office staff were quite friendly and accommodating. I had asked for a room away from traffic and the young lady offered another room that would be the best for that (which we appreciated). Room was nice, fresh and inviting. Nice King bed, great flat-screen TV and fresh coffee (and cookies) on arrival. Just what we want. No frills, no if, ands, or buts, but a nice quite room.
Staff were friendly, accommodating and told us where we could find a church nearby. Offered to show nearby sights, etc. but we were too tired and passed on that.
Breakfast was excellent: scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, buns, fresh coff(and HOT) coffee and other essentials. Very good overall stay experience.

Room Tip: If you want quiet request a room far away from I-65 which is in rear of hotel. Otherwise, rooms are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We brought our daughter down for college and stayed here and loved it. The friendliest people we have ever met. Everything is very clean and smells good and is very comfortable and homey. If you need anything this staff will go out of their way to get it for you. We will stay here everytime we travel to Alabama to visit our daughter. Its our new home away from home.

• Stayed August 2012
Saraland
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've stayed at this particular Country Inns and Suites in Saraland for a while now, and I must say, it really is a home away from home. The hotel staff, Nikki, Ryan, Brandie, Baleigh, and Patrick are very nice well mannered people. They seem to work hard to keep the guests happy. My family and I have enjoyed this stay very much. I definiatly reccomend this hotel. They offer free cookies at the front desk, a business center, a fitness center,complimentary breakfast, and a "library" service in the lobby. There is also a outdoor pool and a spa tub. I would give this place an 8 out of 10.. Probably even a nine. Very nice hotel and staff.

Room Tip: third floor is smoking.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank baynd
Austin, TX
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Everything was fine, except the bathroom had a ring around it which was disgusting. The folks at the desk were lovely. The directions on Google send you a really long way around rather than circling back from the major intersection. The beds were comfortable. If the tub had been clean, I would have given them a four.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
birmgham
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the country inn in Saraland Al. As soon as I walked in I got a nice vibe from the hotel. The lobby was homey, well kept, well lit, and the front desk personel were very helpful. The rooms in this particular country inn seemed to be a little larger than the previous rooms I have stayed in. They have good cable and high speed wirless internet. The rooms were also in very good condition. All around this country inn stacks up very well with the others ive stayed and the general hospitallity puts it over the top. I am very excited to bring my business back to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saraland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Saraland/North Mobile
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mobile/Saraland
Best Western Saraland Hotel & Suites
Wingate by Wyndham Mobile
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Saraland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile Satsuma / Saraland

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland? Share your experiences!