“Friendly, very courteous staff that sets the tone for true southern hospitality.”

Best Western Plus Russellville Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Russellville
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western, Russellville, during a business trip. The staff made me feel at home. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the breakfast bar. A return stay at the Best Western on my next business trip is already in the works.

• Stayed: July 2011
BWRussellville, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Russellville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to see that you will be returning in the future and we look foward to having you.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Russellville Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I was immediately greeted by a friendly staff and the welcomeness never faded. The room was spacious and clean. The wi fi was incredibly fast and reliable. I was able to get a good nights sleep and was surprised to see a hot breakfast compared to just cookies and doughnuts. For the quality of service and immaculate facility, it is definitely a great value. I will be looking forward to my next trip back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Hotel was Very Clean, Comfortable and the Staff was Very Friendly! :-)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2011

GREAT rates, Very kind people and staff, very nice and clean hotel, GREAT hot breakfest. Will stay again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This is probably the best hotel in Russellville - very few hotels in the area. We did, however, think it was a bit pricey, especially for a Best Western.

As I wrote in another review, I had my trepidations about staying in a Best Western and my hopes weren't too high after reading the reviews below. But I have to say that at the end of the day, we had a great stay here.

We booked a non-smoking room with a jacuzzi tub. Check-in was pleasant. We took the elevator to the 2nd floor. Walked into our room and immediately noticed a dank, musty odor. As though moisture had been in the room for some time. The room was neat, clean and the bed looked sumptuous and comfy. There was a 1 inch earwig in the jacuzzi tub. And our complimentary snack was a bag of Cheezits (!) I wiped down the handles, toilet seat and light switches with Lysol wipes and we left.

Later that evening after we visited family, we returned to the room, lit incense to counteract the dank odor, caught and killed another earwig in the tub (after all...Russellville IS in the country y'all), and turned on the tub taps. The tub filled very quickly with very hot, steaming water. We tossed in bath salts I'd saved from another hotel stay, squeezed in the tube of complimentary bath gel, then waited for the bubble bath to cool a bit (even the cold water tap released hot water!).

But 30 minutes in that steamy, bubbly jacuzzi relaxed us enough to try the bed. And we weren't disappointed! Soft, yet with a firm bottom and sumptuous feeling. BOTH of us were happy even though my husband prefers a hard mattress and I a soft one! How did they please us both? I don't know but we both declared a great night's rest on that bed.

Breakfast the next morning was also interesting. Seems this hotel hosts several couples for 6 weeks or more at a time while they have their motor homes repaired under warranty at the nearby factory. So we enjoyed great conversation while consuming a basic complimentary breakfast of powdered scrambled eggs (you know...the kind that bead up?), a waffle machine, hot coffee, fruit, fruit juices and yogurts.

We left feeling pleasantly surprised with our stay. And everywhere we went in Alabama, we encountered very friendly people to the one!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

1. Room had a bothersome odor. Staff responded promptly and sprayed the carpet. Finally used my car deoderizer.
2. TV controller did not work. Staff responded promptly and replaced the controller.
3. No suitcase/luggage rack in room. Used ironing board for rack. Staff responded promptly and provided luggage rack.
4. Requested a second chair. Staff responded promptly.
5. Room door- the door safety latch on the inside and the dead bolt could not be used at the same time. Had to use either one or the other, but not both, due to misalignment.
6. Bathroom door binds really bad. If you could manage to get it closed, then great effort was required to get the door open.
7. Commode- under side of bowl ring dirty (dark brown).
8. Room window stayed fogged over.
9. Watched bug crawl in and out of crack in the tile caulking at bottom edge of bath tub.
10. Spider dropped down from behing the commode tank.
11. Found a 1 inch long centipede crawling on bathroom floor.
12. Found a 1 inch long centipede crawling in middle of the king size bed.
13. Upper corner of bed sheet appeared to have a toothpast type substance on it. Showed this to the room service lady the next morning. Bedding was replaced.
14. Breakfast was good but fruit would have been nice.
15. Noticeably too many flies in the eating area.
16. No telephone directory in room.
17. At the exit/entrance door on the room 101 end of building- this door in relation to the location of the sidewalk is very cumbersome to twist and turn to get luggage in or out without having to step off the backside of the sidewalk. Gets to be more of a problem if it is raining.
18. Our friends located on the second floor had trouble with the elevator, i.e., when going from first floor to second floor, the elevator sort of 'jolted' or 'bumped' but the bypassed the second floor and went on to the third floor.
19. Noticed some yound adults were barefooted in the breakffast area. I don't know what dress codes, if any, are posted in this area. Please consider posting some codes.
20. FINAL COMMENT: I hear that Best Western has only owned this facitlity for four or five months. Surely Best Western has plans to upgrade/rennovate this facility. Until then, I will have to try one of the other two hotels when in Russellville.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
RUSSELLVILLEHOTELGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Russellville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Maxrack,

We are very sorry to hear that we was unable to meet your expectations for the price. We strive to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay. Thank you for taking our call regarding your last stay to discuss each item listed here. The Hotel has recently completed a renovation, we have all new bedding, carpet, wall finish and updated decor. We have added a Hot Breakfast Bar, and fully equiped Business Center. The WiFi has been upgraded and has 24-7 tech support for all guest.

Each and every Best Western is indenpendently owned and operated.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

We have high standards of the hotels where we stay when we travel and hands down the Russellville Hotel and Suites is our favorite in the Muscle Shoals/Russellville area. We always stay in the presidential suite where our 2 children sleep on the pull out bed in their own room with their own TV. My husband and I stay in the bedroom in the back with plenty of privacy. There is a jacuzzi tub in the middle that gives my children a great playtime opportunity with a view over the grassy lot beside us (they search for bunnies through the window as a game while hubby and I get ready). The house keeping ladies are always very courteous and have helped us anytime we needed attention. The continental breakfast is great and plenty of room to enjoy a family breakfast. The location is perfect being so close to WalMart, we can grab snacks and drinks to bring to the room for quick meals. We have stayed here for 3 Easter weeks in a row and the hotel keeps improving. Our last visit had many remodeling improvements in the rooms and common areas. I can't wait to see their new bedding that was coming after our last trip. They continue to impress us and we'll see them again soon!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
RUSSELLVILLEHOTELGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Russellville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Holidaytriptaker,

Thank you for your kind review! You will really enjoy the remodeling improvements that has taken place. The presidential suites now have flat panel tv's with HD, and the bedding is plush pillowtops!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Russellville
Best Western Plus Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals Hotel & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Florence/Muscle Shoals
Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-Downtown
The Coldwater Inn
The Coldwater Inn
#3 of 5 in Tuscumbia
Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals

Been to Best Western Plus Russellville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!