Budget Inn
Hotels.com
$105
$109
$79
Key West Inn Tuscumbia(Tuscumbia)(Great Value!)
$63
$76
ComfortInn
Red Roof
$119
$75
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I travel for my work, and usually bring with me what I need to make any hotel stay tolerable. But this place is a real challenge! The front desk clerk was very nice. That is the only good thing I can say about this place. OK well and the television works. They have WIFI but it's unreliable and slow. The room itself has a bed, nightstand, and chest of drawers with a TV and microwave on it. Tiny fridge sits on the floor. There is not a chair, desk, table, that's it. Bed, nightstand chest, period. And some disgusting FLIES. There is no closet, nor anywhere in the room to hang clothing - aside from a towel rack - shower curtain rod? broken!). Among the towels in the bathroom were a couple that looked like filthy car wash rags. The carpet is covered with stains. The bed is a couple of mattresses on a wooden platform with a "headboard" barely attached to the wall. The whole room is deeply filthy and disgusting. Way more than a call to the front desk could fix! And I don't think it's the blame of the housekeeping staff, either. Clearly the owner does not care to maintain any standard of cleanliness or basic accommodation at this place. There are no chains on the doors which open directly to the outside, and I can see thru gaps in the door jamb around the lock where it looks like it's been pried open multiple times (no light in photo, as it was taken at 3am).

I brought in my camp chair and table so I could work. I am basically "camping" in this room with my own bed linens and towels. If this is the result of the 2011 renovation the owner claims to have completed in response to another bad review, I would hate to think what it was like before! The AC unit looks pretty new and that does work, but...just...wow what a nasty place. The only major chain hotel in town was booked up, and I can see why they suggested I drive 20 miles to Tuscumbia rather than stay at this place next door.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This place shouldn't even fly a corporate banner of ANY hotel chain. Upon check in we discovered the room had NO desk NO chairs and even worse NO place to hang our clothes, not even a hook on the back of a door. NO hair dryer, NO coffee maker...the things one expects to find at ALL hotels. The one bath towel had holes in it and strings hanging from the side...I showered and dried myself with a hand towel. The place was dingy and had an overall nasty feel to it. Stay in your car it would be more comfortable than this place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PolkaKing
bobby P, Owner at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Dear Traveler,

your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.

We have been in the process of a renovation for some time and are happy to say that we are almost totally complete.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you what we have done and the changes we have made and we hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area.