“One of the best”

Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Robertsdale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I have dined in many restaurants all over the world. This one just happens to be one of the best, and it's near our home.

We regularly take guests their, and have never been disappointed.

The fish is always fresh and the the specials always great.

Don't miss Ivey's.

Great size portions and reasonable prices.

1  Thank David R
There are newer reviews for Ivey's

Reviewed October 12, 2013

A friend had recommended Ivey's to us. It is 45 minutes away, so it took us a while to go, but we are so glad we did.We read the online menu before we went. From the first bite, I was saying 'mmmm" out loud ! I had the Jack Daniel marinated tenderloin and my husband had the steak and roasted potatoes . However - he kept stealing my tenderloin. The white zinfandel had a nice fruity taste...very refreshing. The carrot cake was also delightful. If we go back, I think we will both have the tenderloin ...it was hard to decide what to order because they also had a salmon that sounded awesome I had so much leftover he had it for lunch the next day with homemade side dishes.
Ivey's doesn't have a fancy decor, but it is tasteful and they had candles lit on each table, and lovely music was very very nice.
He usually doesn't say much about a restaurant, but he told me he definitely wants to go back very soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The seafood crepes ant the ribeye were absolutely wonderful. Loved the atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff was delightful. The value of the entrees was fine. The martini was $7.99, was very small, and not very good. Quite a disappointment for my husband for our 45th anniversary night out. We'll go again but never again ordering a mixed drink!

1  Thank luvOB
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very nice menu of delicious food. Wait staff has always been very friendly and accommodating. Décor is a bit bland, but overall a very nice choice for a good meal in Robertsdale. 1/2 block off Hwy 59 for those going to/from the beaches at Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I (and all the tourists from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas...etc..) pass by this restaurant on Hwy 59 on their way to the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast beaches. I'm sure those who have not noticed this restaurant are in a hurry to get to the beaches and begin their vacations. We've passed by hundreds of times ourselves since our move to Baldwin County Alabama from the San Francisco Bay Area. Tonight in our quest to find a quality restaurant in our vicinity, we decided to give Ivey's a try. We heard this restaurant was locally popular. We did not have a reservation; nevertheless, we decided to check it out.

We were greeted by two happy-go-lucky young men who were actually apologetic that they could not seat us immediately. But within 5 minutes we were seated. There were two seating areas on the lower level and additional family and banquet areas upstairs. We were led to one of the lower level dining rooms that was small enough to be quaint but not so small that we felt cramped. There were 11 tables covered in white tablecloths in our dining room. The room was bright and airy and the large triple window view looks out onto a not too busy road in front of the restaurant. (Robertsdale historically is the center of a farming community.)

Our waitress was prompt, pleasant, and friendly. Which brings me to the main reason for this review (the food). We shared a bowl of crab and shrimp gumbo as an appetizer. The gumbo was as good as any I've tasted. Unlike many gumbo dishes filled with overcooked small bay shrimp, this bowl was filled with fresh shrimp with a little bite. I had a glass of chardonnay with my meal that could have been cooled a bit more. It was a little warmer than I like for a white wine. For our main course I had the orange glazed salmon and my wife had the crepe filled with steak and a horseradish infused sauce. They were both fantastic. We shared a slice of carrot cake for desert, which was smaller than you might expect. It was not large enough for one serving; therefore I would suggest either skipping the desert or not sharing.

To the hundreds of thousand tourists visiting the Baldwin County each year, you will not find an upscale restaurant (Carrabbas, Bone Fish Grill, P. F. Chang) directly on your route to the Alabama Gulf Coast beaches. But if you are looking for flavorful food, prepared professionially, you may want to give Ivy's Fine Dining a try the next time you pass by. The prices are comparable, the food is comparable, but you will avoid the hectic, rushed, loud atmosphere you find in many of these large chain restaurants. ENJOY.