“Ivey's is a local must-do in Baldwin County, AL”
Review of Ivey's

Ivey's
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Robertsdale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very nice menu of delicious food. Wait staff has always been very friendly and accommodating. Décor is a bit bland, but overall a very nice choice for a good meal in Robertsdale. 1/2 block off Hwy 59 for those going to/from the beaches at Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I (and all the tourists from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas...etc..) pass by this restaurant on Hwy 59 on their way to the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast beaches. I'm sure those who have not noticed this restaurant are in a hurry to get to the beaches and begin their vacations. We've passed by hundreds of times ourselves since our move to Baldwin County Alabama from the San Francisco Bay Area. Tonight in our quest to find a quality restaurant in our vicinity, we decided to give Ivey's a try. We heard this restaurant was locally popular. We did not have a reservation; nevertheless, we decided to check it out.

We were greeted by two happy-go-lucky young men who were actually apologetic that they could not seat us immediately. But within 5 minutes we were seated. There were two seating areas on the lower level and additional family and banquet areas upstairs. We were led to one of the lower level dining rooms that was small enough to be quaint but not so small that we felt cramped. There were 11 tables covered in white tablecloths in our dining room. The room was bright and airy and the large triple window view looks out onto a not too busy road in front of the restaurant. (Robertsdale historically is the center of a farming community.)

Our waitress was prompt, pleasant, and friendly. Which brings me to the main reason for this review (the food). We shared a bowl of crab and shrimp gumbo as an appetizer. The gumbo was as good as any I've tasted. Unlike many gumbo dishes filled with overcooked small bay shrimp, this bowl was filled with fresh shrimp with a little bite. I had a glass of chardonnay with my meal that could have been cooled a bit more. It was a little warmer than I like for a white wine. For our main course I had the orange glazed salmon and my wife had the crepe filled with steak and a horseradish infused sauce. They were both fantastic. We shared a slice of carrot cake for desert, which was smaller than you might expect. It was not large enough for one serving; therefore I would suggest either skipping the desert or not sharing.

To the hundreds of thousand tourists visiting the Baldwin County each year, you will not find an upscale restaurant (Carrabbas, Bone Fish Grill, P. F. Chang) directly on your route to the Alabama Gulf Coast beaches. But if you are looking for flavorful food, prepared professionially, you may want to give Ivy's Fine Dining a try the next time you pass by. The prices are comparable, the food is comparable, but you will avoid the hectic, rushed, loud atmosphere you find in many of these large chain restaurants. ENJOY.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The drinks, appetizers, and meals were all served very promptly. Our server brought drink refills even just before our drinks were completely finished.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

When you step across the doorway into the quiet ambiance of Ivey's, you know you're in for a real treat. We were greeted quickly and even though we did not have dinner reservations, seated immediately in an upstairs dining room. A server appeared after a few minutes, filled our water glasses and took our order -- it did not take us very long to decide. My 21-year-old son and 15-year-old son each ordered the grilled chicken breast with fettucine and served with Alfredo sauce. I ordered the Eggplant Jubilee- five slices of eggplant, thinly sliced and fried. Four slices were topped with two shrimp each and the middle slice was topped with lump crabmeat. The entire dish was served with a topping of creole hollandaise. My husband ordered the lump crab cakes that were served with maque choux and topped with a spicy sauce. The chicken dish had a very generous amount of chicken and pasta and was very tasty. My husband said his crabcakes -- two large ones -- were delicious as was the maque choux. My eggplant dish was good, however, the eggplant could have been cut a little thicker. It was almost too thinly cut for the dish. And, I think it should have been served with some sort of rice or pasta. The salads we got with our meal were good -- a little light on the amount of greens, but still good as were the crispy bread pieces. Our appetizer was the crawfish pies with spicy crab sauce. Very, very good. The most inexpensive dish on the men is $13 -- the grilled chicken. Many of the dishes are in the 18 to 30 range. The food is good, the atmosphere is nice and our server did a great job. Total for four people with one shared appetizer, four entrees and all of us drinking water was almost $80 including tax and tip.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The fact that this is a beloved fine dining establishment in this part of the county says more about the area's lack of high end dining than it does about Ivey's as a restaurant. The food and service aren't really that bad, but not good enough to justify the cost of the meal, even at lunch. It's like a mish-mash of casual and formal and it just doesn't work that well. Either relax the attitude of the place to match the hit-n-miss service or fix the service and food issues to justify the price.

2  Thank CrackedLCD