“Great Tex-Mex”

El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 34 Restaurants in Robertsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We regularly eat here, usually for dinner.

Their cheese dip with chips is great. They make their own chips on site.

Lots of choices and specials all the time.

We have never had a bad meal there.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

On our way to Gulf Shores and saw all the cars in the parking lot. Chips and salsa were very good. The chicken quesadilla was good and include large chunks of chicken breast. The taco meat had a sweet taste that I am not accustomed to, but it was ok. Generous portions and good pricing. Service was good.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have gone to El Rodeo for years. The salsa is always tasty, the service is usually good and the prices are reasonable. During our latest visit, I ordered a combination platter that included chili rellenos, beef enchilada, beef taco, rice and beans for $8.25. My husband and two teenage sons also ordered combination platters and received a variety of tacos, enchiladas and burritos. The tacos at El Rodeo are some of the best around. I adore the hard shell variety -- the shell is bursting with beef, shredded jack cheese, tomato and lettuce. Delicious. The chili relleno is usually very good -- it is filled with melted cheese and has a crispy coating. The rice and beans are good as well. I did not have the fajitas on this visit, but on previous visits have had them and they are really good -- the peppers and onions are cooked well and the meat is always well-seasoned. The total for four meals, two waters, tea and one beer was about $37.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

I am a local who eats at El Rodeo frequently. I have tried other local Mexican restaurants and none have food that tastes as good. The quesadilla is very good - i get it 'fajita style' with grilled onions and peppers. Their fajita dinner is my other favorite. My husband and I get one and split it because there is so much food. Chips and salsa are brought out immediately. They have the best tortilla chips. My only complaint is that, because this is a local favorite, the noise level can be annoying. But the food is great.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Not the cleanest restaurant... but cold drinks good food and great service.