“unplanned vist.. was pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Key West Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roanoke
Columbus, Georgia
“unplanned vist.. was pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed here while In Roanoke for a funeral .. It was a late night, last min booking .. To my surprise from side of the road hotels without a lobby and booking with someone behind a Plexiglas window ..this was not at all what I was preparing myself for .. the room was VERY clean, and comfortable. we paid 60ish for king bed .. Under the circumstances of the visit, we were very comfortable and would stay here again if we had to.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pankajkumar p, Manager at Key West Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor. We read all comments and appreciate the feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was surprised to find a hotel in Roanoke, Ala. that was clean and well kept. I was not afraid to go outside and walk around. The lighting was great at night. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. If I have to go back to Roanoke, Al I will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

Even though it was a special event weekend (Talladega), the management still honored my Corporate Lodging rate. Our room was exceptionally clean, spacious, and comfortable. Everything was as it should be. The only exception, was the breakfast, but hey I'm not complaining. If you do not like it, McDonalds is right down the road. Roanoke is a very small town, and this hotel is the best choice in town.
**note- Roanoke is in a dry county (no alcohol sales), so if you must, come prepared.....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

I will start out by saying that this is the better choice of lodging in Roanoke, Al.. when i called i asked for a non-smoking room-none were available so i went ahead and reserved a smoking room (we do not smoke). When we checked in-the room did not reek of cigarette smoke like i thought it would...BUT..there were no parking spaces anywhere at the front of the motel where our room was-they were taken up by people parking crooked (taking up two spaces) and bass boats that are supposed to be in designated parking areas..no one in management bothered to correct these problems which left us walking all the way around the building (with luggage) to our room..there were wall outlets with no covers--the mattress on the bed was pushed up against lamp wires halfway plugged in (fire hazzard) and blood spots on the concrete right outside our door...when we woke up the next morning for our continental breakfast-the book in the room said pastries, muffins, sausage biscuits, breakfast burritos, fruit, coffee and juice..we went down at 6:15am and i was very disappointed at what was there...microwavable sausage biscuits, corn flakes, a few mini-muffins that were hard as a brick, a few bananas and luke warm coffee..we ended up eating breakfast at a restaurant down the street..i've stayed at places alot worse but i did expect my stay here to have been a little nicer...i would recommend people to stay here though because the other hotels in town were horrible

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Ethelsville, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

I could not believe that you posted a bad review that can be boiled down to pettiness because a person had to pay more for a child over 12, when they tell you at booking that "children UNDER 12 stay free".

This is a great hotel and I love to stay here when I have business or visit relatives in Roanoke, Alabama. My advise for this person - Stay at the other "hotels" in the area, then you will see a $30.00 per night hotel! This place is a great value for the price. And I have never had any problem with the rooms! They have always been spotless.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

I booked a room here because it looked like the best motel in Roanoke, seeing as there are only 3 in the town. But I will never stay here again. I was given a price of $150 for two nights with a family of 5. Not that bad of a price. But this is the type of room you expect for $30 a night--not $75. We got to the room at 9pm and was told the price was way more because my 13 year daughter was an adult. I explained to the woman that that was not what I was told over the phone. She then proceeded to bill me for three nights and didn't know how to correct her error.
When we got settled into our room, I found blood on the toilet seat. Being a mother of three children and that it was 11pm at night by now; I immediately cleaned the bathroom with Clorox wipes.
When the cleaning lady came by that morning I asked to have the bathroom cleaned and get new towels. The lady said she knew it was clean before I got there because she cleans the rooms. I explained I was not going to dispute that, but I needed the bathroom cleaned because it was unsanitary.
Two hours later the owner came by and drilled me because I wanted five towels....nothing about the nasty bathroom that I had to clean last night. I was so mad.
I would ask that no mother stay here with her children. I still didn't get my bathroom cleaned.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2008

Dec 22, 2008-Dec 28, 2008
Two adults--$67.86 per night.
We stayed here 6 nights in a handicap room. We wanted clean, comfortable and quiet.
There was a refrig and a microwave oven in the room but we could only use the refrig. It was very cold in the room..the heater did not warm the room.
The free breakfast consisted of old food and spoiled fruit. We totally skipped it.
The free local phone service was very poor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Lafayette Garden Inn & Conference Center

Been to Key West Inn? Share your experiences!