“Dirty nasty horrible place and staff!!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn Riverside/Pell City
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed March 4, 2014

What kind of hotel/motel doesn't ask for ID or any personal information upon checking in? Nasty guy at the counter made up prices as he went along! We had a small dog and left for 20 mins TOPS to get food, when we returned they said we had broken the "no unattended pets" policy. We had no idea there was such a policy bc dude didn't tell us. He said he told the guy with us. Funny part is was two females traveling together. If either one was mistaken for a man... Well... That's A LOT of man boobs!! Room was dirty. The carpet was full of sand and the bathtub had a nasty ring around it. I wasn't expecting the hilton for $80/night but dang maybe at least vacuum the carpet and scrub the tub. $80 will buy a decent vacuum cleaner and some scrubbing bubbles. We checked out after we broke policy. Best bet find another hotel/motel!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Clee363

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I booked this room online several weeks before we had to arrive for business. We were completely satisfied! Price was remarkable, which with the price being so good, I was a little leery. But no need. We arrived to a very clean place. The friendliness of everyone was amazing. Like we were part of the family. I had to stay while my husband was gone most days. I never once felt unsafe. We have a dog who is our baby. Most hotels first didn't allow any. If they did it was under 25 lbs. Ours is around 70. Then too if they did allow it there were major expensive fees. They allowed her to come for reasonable price. And they all were happy to see her. We arrived and fridge was making ticking noises. It was working but could have been annoying. They replaced within 5minutes of knowing. Pool was immaculate. Our room sat right behind the pool and the lake. It was right next to a boat ramp. It's right off of the interstate but is quiet. I can only give compliments to this facility. Plenty of tv channels, great AC for this Alabama heat. This place gets an A+ from our family.

Room Tip: The bottom floor looking out to the pool and lake is wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me and my husband have been living at this hotel for the past month and it is more than we could ask for.The owner has been like a godsend for us and has helped us any way he could.He keeps the place clean with often cleaning of the carpets and bug spraying.The housekeeping ladys are very polite and courtious.The room is set up exactly the way we need it for our situation and im just very grateful for this man and everything he has done for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

When I booked this room, I booked it based on the reviews that I read on here. Before I booked online I called the hotel directly. While friendly, I was quoted a price and then another after I mentioned my value club membership. Happy with the latter rate, I booked online. When I finally made it to the hotel, I was disappointed to learn that the quote I recieved over the phone was nothing but a lie, I swallowed my pride and took the room anyway, although I was not too happy about being lied to. For the high rate I was paying to stay here, I assumed it would be a very nice and elegant hotel. I knew the instant I saw the run down, leaking ice machine that I was entering slum city and was paying alot of money to visit. I walked up the filthy staircase littered in cigarette butts and was instantly greeted with cracked cement floors and water damaged roofs when I reached the second floor. I entered my room and that was when the real fun began. Of the 4 lamps in the room only one of them worked so it was a little dim. Working electrical outlets must cost extra since I was unable to find one that worked to charge my laptop, I had to choose between tv or laptop since of the three outlets I found only the one with the tv worked. I was also upset to see that even though it is listed under room description that all rooms have a fridge/ microwave combo, my room did not have this. If it had not been for this, I would have requested a room with the combo although I shudder to know how much more that would cost. While the bed was comfortable that is about the only thing nice I can say about it. The toilet would not flush properly and at one point the tv turned itself off and when you turned it back on, the cable was out. And dont even get me started on the breakfast bar, stale pop tarts anyone?

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I thought this place for the price won't be very nice, i was going to check in my workers and go to Comfort Suites. To my surprise, it was very nice, nice location by the lake, very clean, my room smelled good and the family that runs it are awesome. They are an American family and are extremely nice people.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone. I got 2 rooms and the owner offered another one for free so my workers can rest well. I have worked in 15 states, and stayed at many motels, i have never been this impressed with Americas Best Value Inn. Keep it up guys!!! If we are ever in this area, we will be back,

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Guntars R
Reviewed April 21, 2008

my family has been staying at this hotel 2-3 times a year, it is always clean and the kids love to swin in the pool or go down to the lake and fish. that love it so much we would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank teresa7brad
Reviewed June 2, 2007

I been going to this motel everytime I go to Birmingham, Alabama. It has a wonderful view of Lake Martin Logan. Service is nice, and clean rooms. I've been going to this hotel for about fourteen (14) years. The only thing was that it change its name over time but not the management.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DETtraveler_3640
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Days Inn Lincoln
#1 of 3 in Lincoln
Hampton Inn Pell City
Hampton Inn Pell City
#1 of 5 in Pell City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Riverside/Pell City? Share your experiences!