Review Highlights
Nice place

This place is a nice park in Prattville, it was peaceful and a nice respite to get some peace quiet... read more

Reviewed July 22, 2018
fabtraveler20
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Nice park but old

The park was nice. It had a good walking trail and a very nice playground. The view was amazing of... read more

Reviewed January 12, 2018
Justin C
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

I live somewhat close to this park. It's a nice little park on the Alabama River with pavilions, kids playground, picnic areas, little creek, and even a dog park. Very nice but every time I go there are weird old men trying to creep around and follow you until you either go off on them or they give up. The Prattville police need to do something about these cats! Other than that the actual park is nice but not anything to make a special trip for at all though.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed November 9, 2016

The park does have a dog park so if you have a dog this is a good place to go and let them run around for a while. There is also a boat launch and good fishing.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

This is a great place for pets, boats and
Picnics. The view was beautiful. People were friendly and helpful. We will be going again with friends.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed July 19, 2016

Cooter's Pond was a park that was owned and maintained by the State of Alabama. It was really nice and well kept, there was a couple of folks that lived on premise and kept it nicely maintained. Since the City of Prattville has taken it over, it has become an eyesore with the only use of the park being a boat launch. The city should be ashamed for allowing this area to become an eyesore and has failed to maintain it.

The city could make so much more of this area, since it was once a very beautiful area to visit and it was well maintained. The only real use for this park now is a boat launch and the city hasn't really even kept that maintained.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 6, 2016

A friend told me about the park and another told me not to go. I took my dog who loves to run and she was thrilled. a Great fenced in area large with water supply, we stayed for over an hour and not another dog in site. I am glad I brought the ball to play with her. Plan to return, next weekend.

The area is beautiful and well kept, there are facilities, and picnic areas.
I did not use them this time plus a nice walking path under the trees which I did use, a bit of trash here and there but I believe from inconsiderate people and not lack of city maintenance.

Date of experience: May 2016