“Frequent Guest w/an actual review...read here!”

Howard Johnson Prattville
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Prattville
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Glad you took the time to read this review as opposed to the other malicous reviews from "story tellers" listed on this site.

Let me start off by telling you that I am a frequent guest at the Hampton Prattville who travels often due to my occupation. My frequency of visits to this hotel is approximately every three weeks for either one, two, or three night stays. I have NEVER experianced any of the conditions that have been listed in the review below. This a complete insult to the people who work hard to make each guest feel comfortable and welcome. They do a terrific job taking care of you and trying to fulfill your needs. As a frequent traveler, I value this and want to be taken care of when I am on the road and away from home. If you value this as much as I do, you will be truly impressed at how Hampton Prattville Staff works to make your stay enjoyable.

I have stayed at many hotels, both in the Hilton family and other well recognized hotel chains, and the quality of the property, rooms, linens, food, and staff professionalism meets the strict standards by which this hotel must meet. This property does have SOME exterior rooms BUT does have the INTERIOR rooms also. The exceptional quality of the exterior vs. interior room is identical. You may be surprised to see a Hampton w/exterior rooms, but reserve an interior if exterior is not your taste. The staff will work hard to get you in if there is one available.

If you are wondering if I am affiliated with this company or property, the answer is no. My occupation is sales for an industrial equipment company. I highly recommend this hotel and salute this hard working staff who knows to treat their guests like family!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RoadWarrior4334496

Reviewed August 23, 2011

The rooms were clean. There was ample parking. Breakfast was acceptable. This property has some outdoor corridors and various insects can easily get into your room, especially in the heat of summer. When I reported the problem, the staff was polite if not friendly. They probably get tired of hearing insect complaints, but to this guest it was rather unpleasant to find a large beetle in the bathroom and other smaller winged creatures in the room. The furniture is older and much about the property seems dated. It seems that a new Hampton Inn is being built on this exit. Hopefully that will provide a better lodging experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingHotelClerk
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stopped here for a quick sleep on our way from Florida to TN. Rate was quite high for an interstate hotel/motel. I say hotel/motel because as others have mentioned this location has outdoor access rooms as well as a newer section that has indoor access rooms.

It was $93 with tax using my AAA card. That's quite high to me for such a place but I paid that because I didn't want to stay in a roach motel. We ended up in one of the outdoor access rooms but it was clean and the A/C was working. Standard Hilton branded hotel bedding.

If you're looking for just a quick clean place to stay this is it. If you're looking for more you probably aren't going to be staying in Prattville anways.

Parking lot is rather small so don't expect to park close to your room unless they aren't busy.

Lady at the desk was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stopped without reservations due to terrible weather. Initially we were worried as this is the 1st Hampton Inn that we have stayed in that had outdoor doors with each room. But....once we got settled in we found that a wonderful lasagna dinner was being served in the lobby for everyone. Room was smaller than usual but very comfortable. Staff was great.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I am a frequent business traveler and am a Hilton Honors Guy (Diamond). I typically stay at Hampton Inns or Double Trees atleast once a week. I love Hampton Inns because of the consistency you get across the board whether you are in Alabama or NJ.

I was shocked when I pulled into the entrance and discovered that half the hotel was a motel style establishment with exterior entrances. Guess which room I got? You guessed it. I about just cancelled my stay and double backed into Montgomery and grab a room, but decided to take a look. Actually, the room was fine....just like your standard Hampton Inn room. Not bad, not great. Big issue is that you hear the foot traffic and car doors slamming outside your room. Did I mention there are two gas stations within spitting distance from the place.

I'm not ripping on the place, good staff...good people. You just need to know that before you stay here. To me, I might as well save my company the $50 and stay at the Red Roof Inn if I wanted an exterior room. Live and Learn and next time I will just stay at the Hampton Inn in Montgomery. Like I said, no problem with management....just dissappointed that Hilton put there name on this property.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This property is located right next to the interstate. I stayed here with a group of guys for a golf trip. We are all frequent travelers (for business) and agreed that the staff was among the most friendly we have encountered. The hotel is kind of 'two properties in one.' Part of the property has outside entrances, this section seems older, but the walls, carpet, tile and sinks all look very well maintained or new (carpet looked good and seemed like fresh paint on the walls). The rooms had clean bedding and flat screen TV's These outside entrances were great as we could easily take our clubs right from the car to the room. Part of the group stayed in these rooms and part stayed on the interior part of the building.

The other part of the hotel is much more 'Hampton inn like' in that it has interior entrances. Each of these rooms also had an over sized mini-fridge and micro wave. Again, flat panel TV's and updated bedding.

This was a great property for us, near to a number of chain places to eat, the staff was great and breakfast was a nice treat before we hit the links. For those that are golfers, there is a driving range that is nearby as well.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Nice place, good clean rooms, be sure to get one with an inside hallway, however.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Toni1769, General Manager at Howard Johnson Prattville, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know you liked us! We always love having you here. Your business and thoughts are always appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prattville
Days Inn & Suites Prattville-Montgomery
Quality Inn
#11 of 15 in Prattville
2 mi away
Super 8 Prattville Montgomery

Been to Howard Johnson Prattville? Share your experiences!