“Picky traveller finds a good place...”

Courtyard Montgomery Prattville
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Prattville
San Antonio, Texas
“Picky traveller finds a good place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I ALWAYS rely heavily on reviews and photos to decide on where to stay. I am a regular traveller for work. This location is approximately 25 minutes from where I am working but I'm glad I decided to stay here.

First, I requested on the fly, an aggressive, early check-in. Francine (I believe) checked for clean rooms completed and granted the request hours before check in. Upon entering, I was pleasantly surprised with the room. A rather large room, nicely decorated and a good sized bathroom. Downfall of the bathroom is that there is no hair dryer. I am a female and often get ready in the morning (shower and all), so the fact that there is no hair dryer is strange.

My second stay was a repeat of the first. I again requested early check-in, was sick and just needed rest to shake off the illness. Susan this time honored the request hours early than check-in. I moved from the first room as I simply prefer end units and on the lower floors. Hours after checking into my first room, Susan moved me without judgement...this was nice.

My stay was very quiet, and at the time of my stay, the hotel was very busy. It's obvious that you can't really hear from room-to-room which is an added bonus. The best part, the A/C unit is quiet! My last few trips, I have been plagued with dated units that force me to turn off the units, or stay up late at nights.

Will definitely be back when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are quieter as the pool is on the opposite side of the hotel. First level r...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TxPony
Francine M, General Manager at Courtyard Montgomery Prattville, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you were happy with your stay. All of our rooms do have hair dryers; they are not mounted, but they are kept inside a bag in the closets. We are looking into getting something in the room to inform guests of this and we will make sure to explain this upon check-in as well. Thank you so much for your time. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bonita Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We were passing through, and this hotel fit the moment. They moved us to a different room because someone was smoking outside just beneath our window. No problem. Clean rooms, efficient personnel. Good overnight stopover.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank YM C
Francine M, General Manager at Courtyard Montgomery Prattville, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us about your recent stay. We are happy that we were able to take care of your needs and get you to a room that was comfortable for you. We look forward to serving you again on your future trips to Prattville!
Decatur, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed one night for business in this Courtyard. I'm not sure if my Marriott account was flagged for some reason after the last stay at the Courtyard in Gulf Shores, but almost as soon as we unlocked the door to our room, the front desk called to see if everything in the room was OK! Believe me, this time we inspected closely to ensure that this room was clean, and it was. Standard Courtyard accommodations; nothing outstanding but clean and comfortable. This Courtyard offers a discounted breakfast buffet when you check in; the buffet reverts to regular price if you don't take advantage of the offer at checkin. This Courtyard has not yet been updated to the new lobby and the "cafe-style" restaurant. Compentent friendly staff. No complaints.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank JMRN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

Very disappointed in our recent stay. Our room was dirty and smelled musty. Breakfast was good but it didn't come cheap. Excellent service in dining area. Front desk however was a different story. The young man was not well trained and awkward in his position. When informed him of our rooms condition his response was "uh alraight". We expected more from a marriot. We have stayed at two other hotels on this exit. I'm convinced the only reason this hotel is #1 on tripadvidor is because it's the best of the worst.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank SleepDr
debbie00, General Manager at Courtyard Montgomery Prattville, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We take these comments seriously and use them as a training tool to better equip our associates to exceed guest expectations. Please be assured that your concerns have been addressed. We hope that when you return to our area, you will give us a chance to prove that the service you received was not typical and we will do everything we can to make your next stay an excellent one. Thanks Again.
Buford, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Hotel was very clean, neat, and nice. Hotel is updated and new looking but walls are very thin. I could here car doors slamming and alarms going off in ther middle of the night. The pool is nothing to wow over, kind of basic. Rooms were small but nice. Bed was good but sheets were kind of rough. Staff was very friendly. I would recomend this hotel for business and comfort but not price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JMiller919
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Nice and new(er) hotel, really great staff, and a great location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bogberto
jacksonville, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Prattville while traveling from Chicago to Florida. We had previously stayed at the Marriott Resort in Prattville and the Courtyard was a good alternative. The hotel is fairly new, served a good breakfast for only $6 per person and is right in the middle of a developing area of Prattville with plenty of restaurants and easy access to I-65. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family