this is a charming Marriott Resort and our second time staying there. It is wonderful to be able to
walk around the area and always be looking at water. There are various activites for the whole family to do. Our room's balcony looked out on the bay and we enjoyed hearing the waves coming into the shore as well as the sea gulls and watch the many pelicans flying in and catching their meal. The pools are wonderful and a child's dream, plus there is an adult pool
which makes it even nicer. The sandwich shop located by the pool offers a nice menu.
Speaking of which, one thing that needs improvement is the selection of eating facilities. We felt that the main restaurant was quite pricey for the type of food they offered both lunch and breakfast. It would have been nice to have a larger coffee shop where you could get a bagel, piece of toast, maybe a yogurt. When we stayed two years ago, we had dinner at the restaurant and were not impressed. So this time, we ate at The Wash House a mile south of the hotel and had a delicious meal and also took advantage of the charming town of Fair Hope. But there is no reason that the hotel can't come up with a deli, or something. Not certain how large families can pay $18 for a lunch buffet of soup, salad and cold cuts...more thought needs to go into
the overall menu and preparation (which is rather outdated) Other than that it truly is a delightful place to enjoy a little R&R with family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a stunning AAA Four Diamond beach resort in Point Clear, Alabama, the exquisite Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa, one of the most stunning hotels the Gulf Coast has to offer. This resort boasts two challenging golf courses as part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, a luxurious 20,000-square-foot European-style spa, 10 tennis courts, a fabulous array of exceptional dining options, and a sizeable marina for sailboats, yachts and fishing boats. Overlooking scenic Mobile Bay, we are a proud member of Historic Hotels of America and boast 37,000 square feet of elegant meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club Point Clear
- Marriott Point Clear
- Point Clear Marriott
- Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa Point Clear, Alabama