Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa
$150
$137
Holiday Inn Express Fairhope(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
$105
HIExpress.com
Key West Inn(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
$74
Homewood
$109
Hotelpower.com
1,236 results
All reviewsmain buildingmobile baythe grand dining roomcivil warbay viewsouthern charmoriginal buildingputting greenlive oaksping pongadult poolevery afternoonbike ridingrocking chairsbeautiful propertyquiet roompiano bar
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a great two night stay in this resort in September. The location is excellent and we lived in the block facing the marina, which is the newest block in an otherwise old and historic place. The beaches are nice, facilities very good and staff very friendly. Good pools, one separate for adults. Food is moderate to expensive and OK. Beds were fine. Getting to the building in the evening arrival was a little tedious. Moving around between buildings is not difficult because of good walkways and also golf card always moving people around. Late evening arrivals or trip outs may mean not easily finding a parking spot upon return. Went on sea trout fishing with my son, chartered, and caught around 30 fishes. Yes it is expensive but I would go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, Resort Hotel Manager at Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to The Grand and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Dear Bruce,
I just wanted to let you know that my wife, daughter and myself stayed this past weekend at your resort and we had a very pleasant experience. My wife was an artist in the nearby Jubilee Festival in Daphne so while our time on property was brief it was very enjoyable.
There are a couple of stand out employees that I would like to praise. The first worked in loss prevention and her name escapes me. But she really helped us by showing me around and where I could safely stow my trailer. Secondly, I would like to praise Allison at the pool on Sunday. Because we were at the show all day Friday and Saturday we my daughter wasn't able to enjoy the slide at the pool. I arranged for a later checkout at 12:30 so my daughter would have an opportunity to swim and enjoy the water slide. When we arrived at the pool I asked Allison if the slide was open. She said because there was not enough staff there that morning that it was not at that time. Seeing the disappointment on out faces though she said she would see if she could get some extra help. She did and watched the slide and my daughter and I had a great time. I was impressed with her friendly demeanor and willingness to go the extra mile. I was shocked to learn it was only her third day on the job. This is why we would rather spend more and stay at a resort rather than a hotel.
Thanks for your time in reading this email.
Sent from my iPhone
Matt Browning

• Stayed: September 2013

Mr Browning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to recognize members of the Grand family. We are thrilled your family enjoyed the visit and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel property is located on the Bay, beautiful gardens, walkways and beaches. Tranquil ands serene with several hammocks and benches to relax and enjoy the view of the water. I don't play golf or tennis, but if you do, this would be the place to stay. There is an indoor heated pool and a spectacular wrap around pool that's huge, plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas. Poolside bar and big screen TV. There are two restaurants, the Seaside Grille served up a scrumptious blackened seafood platter, lobster bisque and a brownie ice cream sundae which was delicious. The restaurants are pricy, but well worth it. Our room was just as beautiful, very comfortable beds, plush bedding with a nice balcony view. We came here as a business group package, so the price was more than reasonable as I believe the resort fees were either paid for by the company or waived. There is also a spa, which I have an appointment for a message in a couple if days. the spa offers several different massage packages. I would definitely google their website to check out all that this hotel has to offer. There is plenty to do here, and the charming town of Fair Hope is minutes away along the scenic highway.

Room Tip: View the site online as you have several different options.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again and sharing other delicious menu items.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Yes, this is an expensive place to stay, so no one should be surprised. But the propery is awesome, with lots of family friendly options. Sand beach, fantastic pool, hot tubs, bench swings and hammocks everywhere, ping pong, horse shoes, volley ball, etc, etc. I normally don't specifically call people out on their reviews, but the person that only mentioned a bamboo fishing pole didn't look close enough. This fee also gets you access to several other items such kayaks (single and double), Hobie Cat sail boats, bikes, etc, so read the details of what the resort fees cover to take full advantage of everything the property offers. If you have recently "rented" a Hobie Cat for an hour elsewhere, you will know it isn't cheap. Sail one here everyday! Sure, if you don't take advantage of these options, then you aren't getting the value.

Two fun golf courses across the street, and you have to stay at the resort to play them if you are not a course member. Other great courses within 15-20 mins, one of which I recommend is Rock Creek. Several local non-chain restaurants in nearby Fairhope, so explore these little gems.

Staff here is awesome, and the sunsets... Nothing like sitting on a bench swing next to the sand beach and watching the sun set on the horizon of the bay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry H

We are thrilled you enjoyed this most recent visit and thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I want to start this review by stating that this place is very expensive but you should fully understand that before you book your room. The resort fee will cost you an additional $29-$40 per day as it is a 15% tax on top of the charges. A breakfast for two will easily cost $50 with a tip. Again, you should know all of this before booking. We only had breakfast at the hotel but we really enjoyed the meals. All that being said the place is very nice with plenty of things to do and the views are just great. All of the employees are "over the top" friendly and many of them have worked here for a good many years. We had wonderful conversations with two of the bellmen. Beds are very comfortable and the in and out parking was very for us. If you are not really concerned about spending a good deal of money, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: 1216 is a very fine room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience here at The Grand. We are also appreciate the kind words regarding our Resort staff members who work very hard to provide the experience you deserve.