Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa
$150
$145
Holiday Inn Express Fairhope(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
$105
Key West Inn(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
$74
Hampton Inn Fairhope(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
$127
Homewood
$109
GardenInn.com
1,235 results
All reviewsmain buildingmobile baythe grand dining roomcivil warbay viewsouthern charmoriginal buildingputting greenlive oaksping pongadult poolevery afternoonrocking chairsbike ridingbeautiful propertyquiet roomfair hope
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have stayed several times in the last few weeks and enjoyed each time more and more. All the staff that you may encounter are eager to welcome you and to serve you. The grounds are beautiful and great for walking or bike riding. The pool is sparkling. Each dining venue is excellent including Bucky's lounge, the Saltwater Grill, and the Grand Dining Room. There is good music nightly in Bucky's and in the Grand Dining Room. Don't miss the firing of the cannon over the bay each afternoon, the tea and cookies at 4 p.m. and the sunsets over the bay every evening. You can fish from the pier and have your catch prepared in the dining room if you like. We haven't made it to the Spa as yet but we are hearing nothing but good things about it. This is more like visiting someone's nice estate rather than a hotel stay. Relaxation, comfort and wonderful service are the reason we return so often.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Spa building or the Marina building and have parking underneath the building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank railroadpro
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have been vacationing at the Grand Hotel for many, many years. We spent Labor Day (2012) there, but it had been about 18 months since we had stayed there last. As expected, the service is outstanding. Every employee is happy to make your stay special. The pool is outstanding. The bikes are a great way to ride along the bay. I recommend riding your bike along the bay to the Punta Clara Kitchen and purchasing some of its delicious candy. Our room in the Marina house was "tired." It was a nice size, but it is time to update the furnishings. The food at the Saltwater Grill is okay, nothing to rave about. It is a little expensive. Next time we go (and we will continue to go because it is a great place) we may ventute into Fairhope for our meals.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first time to Point Clear and to the Grand Hotel and I absolutely loved it! You feel like you have stepped back in time! It is elegant and stately without being stuffy! The hotel is actually several different buildings spread out through the property. They offer a variety of activities such as bikes, kayaks, Hobie cats, horseshoes, etc. They have an awesome outdoor pool with water slide, an adult only area, a small beach area, children's activities, a marina, etc. They even have an afternoon tea for the guests, complete with crumpets and clotted cream! The spa looks fantastic, even though I did not have a chance to experience any of their services. I loved the location, right on the bay, offering amazing sunsets! I am making plans to return again soon and I can see why so many of the comments referred to repeat guests, it just makes you want to come back again and again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was the first time we had been to Point Clear AL. This was our 18th wedding anniversary and it was recommended to us by a close friend.

Our night started off with our anniversary dinner in the Grand Ballroom. Let me recommend this setting to you but not without spending some money. Before I go on, let me say that if you are looking to NOT spend some money, than this place is not for you. Go somewhere else. But if you want to spoil yourself and see some spectacular entertainment, go here!! The ballroom had live music and a beautiful quiet view of the water. It is almost as if you are sitting in a fish bowl.

The hotel is gorgeous. The grounds are well kept. The fitness center is awesome if you like a good workout to start your day off. You can also take a great walk around the property and watch the sun rise or set on the water. The rooms are very nice and the balconys overlook the water. I recommend the marina side.

I also recommend horseback riding at Oak Hollow Farms in Fairhope which is the city in which this hotel is located if you want a day of riding with a group of people.

Another recommendation is an hour drive from Fairhope and that is Orange Beach for a sunset cruise. There are several in that location but we chose the Daedalus with the Captain. We had a wonderful romantic time and great photos as well.

Don't miss the opportunity to spend time at the pool and the beach front that the hotel owns. The pool has a side for adults and families. I also like the fact that towels are given each day to use and turn back in plus the service of drinks while there is also very convienient. Tips are also appreciated. These folks work hard to provide excellent service, so tip when you can.

If you like to golf, you have to check out the golf course owned by the hotel. I will tell you that it is pricey but again, if you aren't going to experience all that the hotel has to offer, then just stay at another place and find your cheap deals.

If you like to sail, jet ski or kayak, those opportunities are there as well on the beach side of the property. You will have to pay for the jet skis but the others are free for the first hour. Also, there are unlimited bicycles to ride around the resort which are also free.

Be sure to eat at all the restaurants at least once while you are there. They each have their own unique style of flavors. They also have a breakfast buffet in the mornig with a huge variety of food for $20 a person.

I also recommend the spa. Wow, what a great way to relax. Ask for Glenda. She is the best. I'm sure they all are very good at what they do but I just recommend her. She knows her stuff.

There are some excellent restaurants in Fairhope as well that we had the opportunity to dine at. If you like organic food, I highly recommend the Sunflower Cafe. They have great food plus a great health food store as well to shop. The Oyster Bar is also quite good for some great crab legs.

We had the best time at night at a place off the beaten path called Big Daddy's. You cannot miss this place. Great live music and food that you will not forget. It too sits on the water. Great marina view.

One other place to visit and tour is the USS Alabama in Mobile. This is such a historic ship that you will not forget if you love your country and the men and women that fought to keep us free. Neat gift shop as well.

You are probably wondering if their are any negative comments. I would say that there are many places we have been on our anniversary as well as the many places I have experienced while in the military and this is a place I would return to at a later time. Just remember to be prepared to spend some money. It is well worth the trip!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sladsa
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was our first trip to the Grand, and we loved it!! They offered wonderful hospitality, beautiful grounds, decadent food, and relaxation. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the Grand Dining Room, and we had a superd dinner with exceptional service (by Rohan) our first night there. We also enjoyed some time in the spa, riding bikes, hanging out poolside (with fruity cocktails), and sitting in the rockng chairs on our balcony overlooking the lagoon. We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our king room in the spa building on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple