“Breathtaking Views, Great Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lodge on Gorham's Bluff

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pisgah
Lodge on Gorham's Bluff
Ranked #1 of 1 Pisgah B&B and Inns
Canton, GA
“Breathtaking Views, Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

Although we only spent one night at the lodge, we had a wonderful, relaxing stay. My wife rated the view from the room the best we have ever had, topping even a room overlooking Niagara Falls. The people were friendly and the food was great. We wish we had been able to stay longer, and plan to return and to send others.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

We spent 2 nights over the Memorial Day weekend. The Claire Lynch concert at the hall on the lodge property was fantastic. The food in the lodge was delicious. The room was very nice(you must be able to climb stairs). Very pleasant staff and owner. One small quibble: if you like early AM coffee bring your own because none is available before 7 AM. Overall, a beautiful and relaxing place. A fun side trip was to the Henager Drive-In, about 20 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crawfish Boil
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

I just spent three absolutely amazing days at this hidden gem of a resort in Northern Alabama! The staff were extremely attentive - whatever our group needed, was provided almost instantaneously! The cottages in which we stayed were absolutely quaint and all extremely different - something for everyone's taste. The food was amazing - each meal was more delightful than the last! The views were breathtaking, the walks each morning were all different and provided for fun and interesting workouts. I would recommend this property time and again!

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

The team bent over backwards to make our group feel welcome and comfortable. The food was INCREDIBLE - every meal better than the last. Accomodations were wonderful. I've never felt such soft towels in my life! Great place to get away for a meeting and I can't wait to go back with family.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

Our association board of directors just spent three amazing days at Gorham's Bluff. Even though our event was just after two major events we found the facilities pristine. The staff took care of our every need and were extremely flexible with our schedule changes. Chef impressed us at every turn! As we are all in the meetings and events industry, it is a tough crowd to please. We walked away with nothing but positive comments. This is the perfect location for a small meeting where you need to get things done. It's quiet, remote and beautiful for when you have some down time.

Several of our members were planning return visits with their spouses and families as we were departing. Amazing views, wonderful staff and fantastic accommodations.

Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at Gorham's Bluff multiple times. Our first stay was in 2005 when we rented the Twelve Oaks Cottage and since that time we have stayed in the lodge and several of the other cottages on multiple occasions. The setting is magnificent. The food is always great and we make a point to eat dinner at the lodge whenever we stay. However, cleanliness does not seem to be a priority for the Gorham's Bluff management team. I have complained about dust, hair on the floor, etc. and each time we return we see the same old thing. I'm seriously considering not returning even though I think the location is beautiful, the food is fabulous, and the trip (for us) is easy and perfect for relaxing long week-ends. As others have mentioned, the cost of renting a cottage or even staying in one of the less expensive rooms at the lodge is significant, especially after adding the 18% tax. I recently recommended that a friend stay at Gorham's Bluff and I regretted it after she let me know that she felt that the prices listed are misleading and was upset at check-out when she realized how much her stay really cost. I really do love Gorham's Bluff and want to return often, but I'm finding that increasingly difficult to do based on the cost and the seeming disregard for basic cleanliness. Someone else wrote about the Gorham's Bluff "bicycles" - I totally agree with their assessment of the state of the disrepair of the bicycles. We walked to the "fitness center" to get the bicycles and had many laughs about the condition. They were rusty and two had flat tires. I hope the management team and/or the owners of the cottages sincerely think about what direction they want for the future of Gorham's Bluff.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ChinaCatSunflower1
New York City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2009

My parents, my brother and his family, and my husband and I decided to spend a few days after Christmas at Gorham's Bluff for some family time. The location is absolutely beautiful and very peaceful.

Because they don't allow young children in the lodge we could not rent rooms there or have dinner there (my nephew is 18 months). We rented a house which was comfortable and suited our needs well, but didn't appear to have been swept recently -- we found dead bugs around the base boards and on the stairs.

The setting is rural so there is nowhere for dinner near Gorham's Bluff. With the lodge dining room closed to my nephew, we cooked in our house both nights.

At checkout there is an 18% service charge automatically added to the room/house bill. When we asked what this was for we were told that it covers service in the dining room, house cleaning and landscape upkeep. We requested that this charge be removed since we didn't use the dining room at all, housecleaning didn't come at all during our stay (and didn't appear to have swept prior to our arrival). Management didn't respond to our request in any way, but charged our cards the full price, plus 18% service.

My husband and I are frequent travellers and I have never paid a service charge for general upkeep of grounds or basic cleaning when staying in a hotel or resort. I expect these costs to be covered in the price of my room. I would suggest that if Gorham's Bluff is unable to cover the costs of doing business they should raise their rates and cut out this hidden fee. It is frustrating to be charged for services not used. This left a very bad taste in our mouths and we all have vowed not to return -- which is too bad because the setting is lovely.

• Liked — Views from the bluff
  • Disliked — mandatory 18% service charge on unused services
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank NYCEvelyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pisgah
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Scottsboro
Quality Inn Scottsboro
Quality Inn Scottsboro
#4 of 10 in Scottsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro

Been to Lodge on Gorham's Bluff? Share your experiences!